qDiscussionView ezEdit Configuration Error

qDiscussionView ezEdit Configuration Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Avaleri, can you either give us your email address so that we can contact you to troubleshoot this issue?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm also having the same error message. If there is a work-around or update, can you email me that as well? luc@nema.org
      Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

eddying,
      My email is anthony.valeri@nfl.com,. I was able to resolve the issue in my environment, it turned out the solution package did not deploy correctly because the SharePoint Admin service was not started on my back-end server, once I started that and redeployed the solution package I am no longer getting this error, thanks.
      Anthony

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I installed the qDisucssionView webpart on my development environment and it worked great, love the functionality! But, when I installed it on my test environment, I get an error when trying to configure the webpart using the ezEdit configure menu, the error message is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] WA.WebPart.DiscussionView.set_PageIndex(Int32 value) +37 WA.WebPart.DiscussionView.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +136 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +177 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I am able to open the about or help menu options, not sure what I did differently on the test server, any ideas as to what might cause this error?

Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately in our situation we are still having the same error unrelated to the admin service.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem. After installation i added webpart on the site, but i am not able to configurate webpart via ezEdit (I tried config via classic way “Modify shared webpart” and insert viewed lists, but nothing progress). I got error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I have WindowsServer2003 32bit + MOSS2007. But I tried same steps on WindowsServer2008 32bit + MOSS2007 and everythings works fine.

Can you help me what I should to do on WindowsServer2003 to repair it?
      I downloaded newest version of webpart from ” http://sharepointforall.com/media/p/320.aspx” and I am farm administrator.

I checked if features are activated, and everything looks good, but on Win2003 it doesn’t work.

Thanx for help

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.