qDiscussionView install error

qDiscussionView install error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is this for SharePoint 2010 or MOSS 2007/WSS3.0?
      The newly uploaded installer for SP2007 should work for you and there are 32 bit and 64 bit versions of installer.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

It's MOSS 2007, SP2, 64 bit. I tried downloading the file twice and I get the exact same error message each time. I double checked and made sure I was downloading the 64 bit version of the file also.
      Ted

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am trying to install the 64 bit version of this web part and every time I do I get the following error message: “Solution Package deployment error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Please check with Installation Guide for more information.” Then, after I click cancel, I get this error code: 2869. I have verified that I am farm administrator as well as local admin. I even tried with a 2nd account that had both as well. I get this same error message no matter which of the 3 solution deployment options I pick, even the Stsadm option. One funny thing is that in reading some of the other posts vaguely like this they indicate that there is a new version of the app available, but on the download page it says the latest file was uploaded by “posted by Doug Davis 06-08-2009″ There were a few forum posts that indicated a new file was uploaded to fix this issue, and those forum posts have a later date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ted

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

If the SharePoint server runs with UAC turned on, this may explain the issue. Please check also if user has access to SharePoint config DB. Basically this error indicates that the user does not have the permission to access SharePoint configuration database. If UAC is turned on, even you log in as administrator, a standard user token is issued and you won't be able to access the SharePoint configuration database.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.