qListForm and JQuery/Javascript for validation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mark,

QWP 5.4 introduced a feature that blocks the users to performe double savings (hit save button twice).

Also QWP blocks the save action when the validation on the page fails.

What you can do is to have create a custom action (using the sample code that we provide with QWP)  and perform validations there or to use Form Component Behavior to perform validations.

What's your QWP version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.  We are using 5.3.

We do not have the ability to use Custom Actions as our client doesn't allow custom code (assemblies.)

Form Component Behavior I don't believe will allow us to implement the validation that we need due the complexity.

An example of this validation is:

• if a user selects a given radio button, the sum of two text boxes in the form must exceed a certain value…if not do not allow a submit
      • if a user selects a given radio button, The value in one text box should be set to zero, and in another text box must be greater than zero.

we have numerous fields where we need to implement this type of functionality.  This should be easily accomplished with Jquery however with qListForm there is no PreSaveAction method like with a normal add/edit form in SharePoint.

Ideally, Custom Actions would be the way to do it, though we simply do not have that ability.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.  mark

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mark,

Due to the complexity of the validations the best way to go would be custom actions.
      If the customer doesn't allow that (wondering why since the code can be verified and it's safe) I don't know what else  you can do.
      QWP 5.5 Form Component Behavior allows pretty extensive validations. Go on http://www.quest.com download 5.5 and give it a try. It could help.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by AgreeYa Super Admin.
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks, our client has a large SharePoint environment that is locked down – no solutions or assemblies.

I will see if they have any plans to move to 5.5 anytime soon.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am curious if anyone has an example of using JQuery or Javascript to perform clientside validation on qListForm.

In particular, I am interested to see how to override the Save link, to prevent the form from being submitted when validation has failed or been triggered.

Thanks a lot, mark

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Mark,

If you think that I answered your questions would you mind to mark this question as Answered?

Thanks,

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.