- This topic is empty.
- 07/25/2012 at 2:50 am #5800
Thanks for your suggestion! I created a calculated column for Event Year in the target (Events Tracking) list. When I tried to set up connection by using this calculated column as both the provider and comsumer field, it didn't work.
If I create a new custom list to store event years, it might work. However, I don't want to manually maintain this list. Is there a way to keep these two lists in sync without manual intervention? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for your help.
- 07/25/2012 at 12:57 pm #4966
You need to create a calculated column in the Events Tracking list that would extract the year portion of the event date.
Then you can create a custom list and add some years there. This list would be used by the qSelector and store the selected year in a session.
Set the qListView's CAML property to filter the events using the session from the qSelector.
- 07/26/2012 at 2:19 am #4274
We have an events tracking list (in SP 2010) with start/end dates, etc. Users want to add a qSelector “Event Year” to filter events by year. Since I didn’t create this “event year” column initially, I wonder if it’s possible to:
1. Add a new “Event year” column to the events tracking list and auto-populate when start date is entered or updated? I don’t want users having to manually set the event year with each entry.
2. If I add a separate SP list called “event year” and use it as the source for qSelector, how do I configure the CAML filter in order to filter by start dates on my qListView?
- 07/26/2012 at 2:19 am #5801
There are various methods to sync those 2 lists.
Using qListForm to enter the events and create a custom action that would check if the year of the event created exists in theYears list, if not add it to the list.
Using Sp workflows or ListEvent receivers.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.