qListForm: Auto-populate event year when entering an event date?

qListForm: Auto-populate event year when entering an event date?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for your suggestion!  I created a calculated column for Event Year in the target (Events Tracking) list.  When I tried to set up connection by using this calculated column as both the provider and comsumer field, it didn't work.Q1.jpg

Q2.jpg

If I create a new custom list to store event years, it might work.  However, I don't want to manually maintain this list.  Is there a way to keep these two lists in sync without manual intervention?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

You need to create a calculated column in the Events Tracking list that would extract the year portion of the event date.

Then you can create a custom list and add some years there. This list would be used by the qSelector and store the selected year in a session.

Set the qListView's CAML property to filter the events using the session from the qSelector.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

We have an events tracking list (in SP 2010) with start/end dates, etc.  Users want to add a qSelector “Event Year” to filter events by year.  Since I didn’t create this “event year” column initially, I wonder if it’s possible to:

1. Add a new “Event year” column to the events tracking list and auto-populate when start date is entered or updated? I don’t want users having to manually set the event year with each entry.

2. If I add a separate SP list called “event year” and use it as the source for qSelector, how do I configure the CAML filter in order to filter by start dates on my qListView?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

There are various methods to sync those 2 lists.

Using qListForm to enter the events and create a custom action that would check if the year of the event created exists in theYears list, if not add it to the list.

Using Sp workflows or ListEvent receivers.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.