Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

n

n

Please take a look at the below link.

n

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/f/4782/t/19552818#5920

n

It talks about custom actions using custom code.

n

The idea for you is to use our sample solution (check your QWP installation folder, "Sample Code" folder) and adapt that code to your requirements). You need a bit of code added to the Form Initialization Action feature that would populate the field Status based on the value of the field Completed Data.

n

Our sample solution is well commented and our help file (see Custom Action Help topic).

n

If you have any questions please let me know.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I don't need to populate Status based on the value of the field Completed Data when the form Initialize.

In this case values will be pulled from the database. My goal is to update the "Status field" in the database when the user clicks "Save" button, populating the database's Status field with "Complete" if Completed On date was filled in, or with "Pending" if completed date is missing,

Is this possible to archive without writing any code from my end, just by using Quest EZ Admin interface?

Thanks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I have a new question re:Quest WebParts for Sharepoint ( i’m on version 5.7 for Sharepoint 2010):

I have a qListForm and I have “Completed Date” field, provided by user and “Status” field which I would like to be automatically calculated to say “Completed” if “Competed Date” is provided, otherwise I would like Status to say “Pending”

Is there an easy way to do that, maybe using “Calculated” field?

Thanks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Then you need to use the custom action when you save the item not on the Form INitialization.

Since we're going to have a webex for your js and delete item issue I can give you more details about this.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.