qListForm: Calculated Format field attribute for dates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

Go to ezEdit->Display tab->Display Fields and hit Edit on your date field. Scroll down all the way to the bottom where the field type is and choose Calculated Format. On the calculated format field add your date field in the following format <%YourFieldNameHere%>.

This would display the date as readonly field.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I am doing this already.

I am getting the following error when saving. 

The following error occurred: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

I'm guessing this format converts the field to a string.  Is there any way around this so I can display the value of this field as read only

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The steps I provided above worked well for me and it should work for you too.

What's your Quests Web Parts and SharePoint version?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

5.6 (Build 2011.9.28)

SP2010

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi – I have a date field that I’d like to display as read only on an Edit form so I changed the format from regular to calculated.  I am getting the following error when saving.

The following error occurred: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.I’m guessing this format converts the field to a string.  Is there any way around this so I can display the value of this field as read only?
      Thanks.
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I used the same version as you.

Please check the datetime format on your machine, it could be that the error happened because of a different date format.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.