qListForm Component Behaviour Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

It should not be any difference between a simple test scenario and a real scenario.

If a field name contains a space than it will be replaced with _x0200_ and that's ok.

There is no limit regarding that field name other that the restriction imposed by SharePoint.

I'm going to try it out using really long names. What's your SharePoint and Quest Web Parts version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks ,

I thought the web parts must be able to deal with long field names.  I think I know what went wrong.  I shortened the field names in SharePoint but noticed that these had not been pulling through into the easy edit so when I selected a field (the new name) in the CAML filter the XML still showed the old field name.  To resolve I dumped all the display fields by deleting the XML and then reimporting via ezedit.

Seems to work even though in the field names are truncated in xml.

Have yet to apply it to a whole form so not out of the woods yet.

Thanks again for your support,

Richard

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Guys,

I am new to Quest Web parts and this forum …

Have been configuring some component behaviours , using some simpe test fields…

<FormComponentBehavior>

<Component Type=”Field” ID=”ELToggleMe”>

<HideWhen>

<Neq>

<FieldRef Name=”ELTrigger” />

<Value Type=”Choice”>Show</Value>

</Neq>

</HideWhen>

</Component>

… this works fine (although the postback seems a bit slow)

But when I try and use the same approach with longer most complicated field names I can’t get the behaviour to work at all ..

I notice when using the tool in ezedit that the fields are truncated and _x0020_ is created for a space

do I have a max field length or special syntax required issue here is something else the more likely culprit,

appreciate any help … these web parts are quite powerful and easy to configure on paper … I just need to get them work with a real world application where field names are quite long.

Thanks,

Richard

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

If you change a field name then you need to revisit each configuration where this field is involved.

ezEdit is the way to go but if you feel comfortable you can edit directly the XML text (before doing any change is good to save the text in notepad so if something goes wrong you have a backup).

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.