QListForm: Cross-site lookup doesn't preserve value

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I'm using cross site lookup on the edit form. So "value i saved in the list " – is the value i saved on "New Item Form", when item was created.

Now when I try to edit the list, on edit form, I want to populate values in the dropdown from the crosssite lookup as well as pre-select the item i saved in the list when list item was originally created.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi guys,

I’d like to use cross-site lookup in my qListForm ( i need to get values in the lookup from another list on the same site) , when editing the item. When I do that and specify all of the parameters for the lookup list for the Item#, the selected value is “None”, but not the value I have saved in the list ( see screenshots attached).

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

I would also need to populate Item Title on the postback of the Item# dropdown after we figure out how to pre-select Item# Cross-site lookup.

Thanks a lot,

Additional Attachments:

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

When you create the list item the value of that field that is a cross-site lookup field has the following format Site;#ListName;#Number

When you edit the item set the same field to be the lookup field and that would do it (the value is preserved and the dropdown controls selects automatically the value).

Please check our documentation for more details regarding the cross -site lookup field feature.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

I see that you have a CAML filter there. Please ensure that the conditions in the CAML filter return data (or simply remove it).

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

The CAML filter filters out only Active items in lookup list, and I do have data there, my cross-site lookup dropdown has values, just notiching is selected ( see screenshot), which is my issueqListForm1_0418.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

IIn order to recreate your scenario I need your QWP and SP version.

Thank you,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I'm on Sharepoint 2010, QWP are version 5.6.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

When you say "but not the value I have saved in the list" what do you mean?

Please check our documentation, it explains how the cross-site lookup feature works (the field type that you need to store the data from the cross-site lookup field has to be a text field, etc).

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.