• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

n

What you need to do is to create a custom action that would perform 2 actions:

n

1. Save  This would save the item in the List1 

n

2. Custom 

n

For the custom action you need to write some custom C# code based on the Visual Studio solution that we install with the product (check your installation folder for a folder called Sample Code).

n

This code will get the values that you use to save the item in List1 and it will save it the List2 along with the http parameter.

n

Also you can find more details in our documentation (User Guide search for the topic called Custom Action).

n

You can find multiple treads in this forum about the Custom Action topic.

n

The image below shows all Custom actions you can you, create one for Save then use the button Add Action to create an action based on your code that will get executed after the Save action finishes.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have no clue what you're talking about. 🙂

n

But it's given me an option to do more research.  Once I figure out the details (I haven't read any documentation) I'll post back to let everyone know if it worked.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

After looking into the solution you provided it's identical or very similar to the approach I would have used for Event Receivers and using that approach is not available to me.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello I’ve been struggling with this issue over the past week.

n

I have a qListForm developed which will allow the user to create an item in List 1.

n

What I’m trying to accomplish is that once the item is created in List 1, I need an item to be created in List 2 using a value from List 1 along with an http parameter that was passed to the form.  I can do this with a workflow but for various reasons I need to avoid that and I don’t have access to event receivers.

n

Is there a way I can specific Post Save Actions at all?  In my research I found reference to PreSaveAction which allows you to do custom form validation.  The approach I would like to take is to hijack the Save button so that I can direct it to my own code that would add the item to List 1 and then add an item to List 2.

n

Anyone have suggestions?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I just wanted to post a follow-up in case anyone has a similar situation.

n

I ended up storing the variables I need in local storage and redirecting to a blank page where I create the new item.

n

The flow is as follows:

n

New Plan -> Created -> Variables stored in Local Storage -> Link Page Loaded -> Variables Loaded from Local Storage -> New item created in link list

n

I'm currently working on making the process smoother so that it will redirect/close the link list page and go back to where we started from.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.