qListForm displays the plain text multi line text field in one line eventhough the entry contains line break in it

qListForm displays the plain text multi line text field in one line eventhough the entry contains line break in it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

Have you tried using <br /> as line breaks? This should work for plain text multi-line of text field in qListForm for Display ListItem.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

In order to see the multiline textbox you need to set the field as text multiple line of text in the list definition.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Let me clarify…this is data being entered in a list (the column is a multi-line text field) by end users so I can't ask them to put in <br/>.  They hit return and it looks fine in their edit form and it looks fine in a regular out of the box SharePoint display form:

SPForm.jpg

Howerver, on a qListForm display form it looks like this:

qListForm.jpg

Why can't I see the line breaks in a qListForm (display) like I can in an out of the box SharePoint display form?

I've also pasted the images in the document attached.

Additional Attachments:

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

For some reasons I can't see your screenshots.

Would you mind to create a document with these images and attach it as file to the tread?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm on QWP 5.6 and SP2010 as well.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I updated the post above.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

HI Sandy,

I tried using QWP 5.6 SP2010 for all 3 multi line types (plain, rich and enhanced) and my formating is kept correctly.

What's you QWP and SP version?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

This is how the text looks like in my env.

I use 3 multilane text fields (plain, rich and Enhanced) al of them displaying the same text and the form is in Edit item mode. The fields have kept the original formatting applied when I saved the item.

I can test your text in my env. if you attach your text.

MultiLineFormatting.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Now I can't see your image.  Could I have something configured wrong if it's working for you and not me but we're on the same versions?  Here is the text:

Please update the TCP for Windows software to version 3.10.2. Note that Trinity typically handles these updates and that the software is stored on the N:\Acct folder. Please apply any A/S, RBC & SF updates for both Life to TPL & P&C to PMIC. Also, apply any NY Supplement updates for P&C to PMIC. Please also apply any Admin module updates to Kevin's and Mary's pcs. Please refer to the notice shown below for more instructions. We in Finance use the software to prepare our year-end annual statements and very much appreciate your prompt service. Thank you.

Update 3.10.2 for The Complete Package is now available.  The link for downloading this release may be found in the Latest Downloads section of our forums at http://www.bookeseminars.com/forums.

Schedule DL allows the correct designations for stocks, and the part 2 footnote has been corrected.  Section 14E has been removed from the electronic filing page for Note 14 for all statements except Property.

Additional states have been updated in the state forms.  The only states remaining to be updated are AZ, CA, LA, MD, MI, MS, NM, NC, TX and UT.  Updates for these states will be posted as they become available.

The download posting also contains additional information. If you do not see the Latest Downloads section on the main forum page, make sure that you are logged in.  If you can see boxes on the main forum page to enter a username and password, then you are not logged in.

Booke Seminars

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Just an FYI it's not just this text that does it…it consistently does the same thing with all the text in this list column in this qListForm and in all other qListForms for that matter on our site that are lists with a plain text column and we use the qListForm.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Have you tried to use q multiple lines Rich or Enhanced columns type?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes, then it works fine…but we don't want the users to be able to add Rich text (they get crazy with font colors and formatting) otherwise I'd just switch it.  I was just hoping to figure out why it wasn't working…didn't know if it was on my end or something with QWPs overall…looks like it's something on my end but I can't figure out what it could be.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The qListForm displays the plain text multi line text field in one line eventhough the entry contains line break in it.  It’s very hard for users to read the description field in the qListForm display form mode when it doesn’t present the line breaks in it…is there a fix or work around for this?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

QWP 5.7 version (that is going to be out soon) allows you to customize the Rich Text Editor toolbar so you can enable only certain features of the rich text editor to be available to the users and also solve the formating issue.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.