Qlistform Edit List Item

Qlistform Edit List Item

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am attempting to use the Qlistform webpart to edit items in a list.

I am using an otb view of the list that will filter through and show the user which items need to be reviewed and edited. I want to have the Qlistform there to be able to toggle through the item ID’s and populate based on the selected ID.

The reason I want to do this, is because there is quite a bit of information within my list and I have utilized the tabbed feature on the Qlistform that holds the Add Item option on a seperate page. This was used to help organize this information more consistently. I would like to provide the same organization to those responsible for editing the items.

Would something like this be possible?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Charles,

What you could do to achive a quick access to the next item to be edited is to define a custom action with 2 actions, Save and Go To URL. That would allow the user to Edit the item and once the item gets saved the go to action will bring the user to the initial form where all the items to be edited reside.

This would be the diagram (sorry for the text based poor design):

<—————————————————————————————–<—|                                                                                               |

|—> qListView —–>Edit Form—->Save Action—->Go To Action–>|

(Items             edit the item    save the item   return to the

te be edited)                                                 original list of items to be edited                                                   

Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.