qListForm Error Message help?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello all!

I’m pretty new to quest and have been using webparts for a few days.  I’ve watched all the tutorials, but have come across an error message that I can’t figure out. I searched the forum already, and didn’t find an answer that has worked… The error is below:

The following error occurred: The ID HTTP parameter is required (the ID of the list item to be edited).

Usually I would let that field just stay as ID and I would not get an error.  I tried linking it to the list url and still the same problem. 

Anyone else see this message before?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Ryan,

The "error" shows up because you have set the qListForm in "EditListItem" mode (see ezEdit->Display tab->Form Type property).

If you add to the URL the following ?ID=1 (assuming the the list item with the ID 1 exists) qListForm will display the data for that list item and you can update this list item.

How you "fix" this without a manual intervention?

There are several ways of doing this, one popular way of doing this is to replace out of the box (OOB) SharePoint forms for New Item, Edit Item adn Display Item with qListForm web parts, hide the OOB and setup qListForm to the appropriate mode (NewItem list on the New Item for, etc) to do that for you.

Let's suppose that you replace the Edit Form with qListForm. When you go to ListView (OOB) or qListView and try to edit an item, the url will contain the ID of that item and your qListForm set to edit the item will work correctly displaying the data and allowing you to update the info you want.

Please check the documentation and the videos related with this web parts.

If you still have questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.