qListForm for Document Libraries

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Soju,

I can confirm the issue #1 and #2. I''l investigate further and let you know the results.

For #3 Upload dialog opens in a popup window. I created 2 doc libraries (of type Word and None) and the dialog opened in a new window.

Would you mind to attach your doc library and the web part template?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Soju,

The issues #1 and #2 happened because we both misused the qListForm working with Document Libraries.

For #1 the field Name is the name of the document and can't be edited manually neither can be added manually in the Display Fields of the qListForm property.

This field gets populated once a document gets uploaded and we edit the document (using qListForm or OOB ListForm)

For #2 we tried to use a qListForm with a wrong Form Type. Once you change this with a EditDocument and/or Upload Document everything works as expected.

Please check the QWP docs for more details about the form types and how they work with lists and doc libraries.

PS

I still wan to check your qListForm and the doc library template.

Please check

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Anca,

Thanks fro your reply.

I agree with your resolution for the Issue #2, once I changed the form type to Edit (though I work with 'New form'), then it started working fine.

For the Issue #1, OOB feature provide facility to /displaychange the 'Name' column and hence I was expecting the same.

For the Issue #3, We require a solution.

I will attach the doc lib template in my next reply.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Anca,

I have tried many ways, but I am unable create document library included with QWP contents. It is throwing error. Whereas I am able to create document library template without contents.

==========================================

Error

Read error on file "_catalogs/lt/QWP3.stp".

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

Correlation ID: 2d899942-fdc8-405c-8385-de034b86d816

Date and Time: 6/20/2012 8:04:54 AM

==========================================

Also I am facing sevral other bugs when I apply QWP for document library.

E.g. Multiline texts are displayed in single line which is really a big trouble for my users.

Has this not been tested by anyone before?

I am having list of other bugs as well. How do I raise a support call?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi All

Appreciate your answers for the below.(Environment SP2010- Service Pack 1+, Quest Webparts for SP 2010: Product Version: 5.7 (Build 2012.3.15))

(1). qListForm for document library does not show-up the “Name”  column

(2). After included qListForm in doc lib, the error “The following error occurred: To add an item to a document library, use SPFileCollection.Add()” once click on Save button (no custom code, just default)

(3). qListView for document library action “Upload”, does not open in ‘popup window’ but in same window. (SP’s default behavior is ‘Popup window’, qListView for doc lib open in ‘Popup window’ when selecting ‘View Properties & ‘Edit Properties”).

Thanks,

Soju

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Soju,

Please contact Quest Support (https://support.quest.com/Default.aspx) to create a case and have us going online with you.

When you talk to a support engineer please mention my name there so he knows to whom to direct the case.

Thanks,

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.