qListForm not working for SP 2010 Filtered Lookup columns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello n,

I'm not sure I'm aware about Filtered Lookup type as default type in SharePoint 2010. However, I've found it in Codeplex: http://filteredlookup.codeplex.com

Could you please let us know how this field type was enabled in your environment.

Thanks,

Kate

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thank you, Kate

As I stated in my opening sentence, I am already using a filtered lookup.  That's the problem.  The qListForm is breaking it.

I have opened a case with Quest support for this.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a list in which one column is a SharePoint 2010 filtered lookup.  The field is set to return multiple values.  Everything works correctly when using SharePoint’s standard Default New Form and Default Edit Form.

When I switch to using qListForm web part the following behavior occurs:  While editing the list item, the control appears to work correctly in that you can select values, and they correctly transfer from the left window to the right window.

qListForm.jpg

However, when the list item is saved, the column remains empty.  That is, the saved column value is null, and the previously selected values are not there.

qListForm1.jpg

Subsequently editing the list item produces the same undesired result.

Additional problem: although the column in question is flagged to require a choice, the item can be saved with no choice made.

I also tested this with a filtered lookup column that was limited to a single value.  The result is the same; the value does not get saved.

I know that the qListForm offers a cross-site lookup, which could be a work-around if I only needed a single value returned.  However, a cross-site lookup cannot return multiple selection.  In my case I can’t use it.

I flagged this post as a question, so here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to mke the qListForm work correctly for SharePoint filtered lookup columns?

2. If not, is there a suitable, reasonable work-around?

3. Has Quest forgotten that filtered lookups were added to SharePoint 2010?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Further information:

A third-party product was installed for SharePoint, and the filtered lookup came along with that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.