- This topic is empty.
- 03/01/2012 at 2:58 am #4040
I’m using Quest Web Parts with SharePoint Server (Enterprise) 2010.
On one of my lists (named “Activities”) I’ve edited the NewForm, DispForm and EditForm forms by replacing the SharePoint web part with a qListForm web part. The display form works correctly. The edit and new forms, however, throw errors like the ones below:
When I Open the EditForm:
1. All of the List Item’s data appears correctly, the way I want it to display in qListForm.
2. A waring appears in my IE Status bar, double clicking that waning, displays these messages:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)Timestamp: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:36:32 UTC
Message: Object expectedLine: 3121Char: 1Code: 0URI: http://server/site//Activities/EditForm.aspx?ID=19&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fserver@2f/site%2FLists%2FActivities%2FAllItems%2Easpx
Message: ‘RefreshFormStart’ is undefinedLine: 27Char: 7Code: 0URI: http://server/ScriptResource.axd?d=lm7D90Bwk2Ebk1qiJLdkF4LJRTIyPOvQ6rIx3ESO09jRL4OFCg6f1S3wrbijfLVx8KrZhIWZrdqkD7EI5WTJJaIOod_fcTNhEMT-kz1g4XvsqAU0-yh6HZKhrjXjpxPHVlduRXBFmfvryinaKe_kwyBjGvyXS1YnoSq0KLcJ_NB9SeSb0&t=1d8eab19
Clicking the save button doesn’t save the changes and leaves the current record, displayed in the qListFrom, up on the screen. The warning and error mesages are almost the same, however a third message has been added:
Message: Object expected
I don’t even know where to begin to troubleshoot these. Does anyone have any ideas?
- 03/01/2012 at 2:58 am #6384
Please ask Quest Support for a webex, that would allow me to see your environment and hopefully provide a solution.
- 03/01/2012 at 9:33 am #5058
- 03/01/2012 at 9:36 am #6378
- 03/01/2012 at 9:46 am #6379
The js files that I suspect they're missing are files deployed by our installer on the SharePoint server not on your local drive.
If you have rights to logon to your SharePoint server(s) this is what you need to check.
Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.DataViewer\22.214.171.124__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b
02/29/2012 09:19 AM 13,743 WADataViewer.js
02/29/2012 09:19 AM 19,592 WAListForm.js
2 File(s) 33,335 bytes
Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.ListForm\126.96.36.199__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b
02/29/2012 09:19 AM 19,592 WAListForm.js
1 File(s) 19,592 bytes
Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.SystemIntegration\188.8.131.52__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b
02/29/2012 09:19 AM 3,336 WASI.js
02/29/2012 09:19 AM 15,421 WASIListForm.js
2 File(s) 18,757 bytes
Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.WebPart\184.108.40.206__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b
02/29/2012 09:19 AM 2,569 WAWebPart.js
1 File(s) 2,569 bytes
Total Files Listed:
6 File(s) 74,253 bytes
- 03/01/2012 at 12:16 pm #6380
Thanks, but all of those files are present. One of our server admin discovered that he could use the Quest webpart on a machine with IE9, but got the errors I describe when we used IE8. (e SharePoint site, e Server, e Login Credentials…).
Can you think of a reason that this might be?
- 03/01/2012 at 12:19 pm #6381
Oops… forgor to mention. My machine is Windows 7 (just installed this week). The server admin was running two different machines (on IE8, the other IE9), but both were using Windows Server 2008.
- 03/01/2012 at 12:19 pm #6382
On the machine where you got the error clear your browser's cache, restart the browser and try it again.
What's you QWP version?
- 03/01/2012 at 12:41 pm #6383
Tried clearing cache and restarting the browser on my Win7 / IE8 workstation. That made no difference.
I've asked the server admin to find the version number (I don't have access to the server… I'm just a lowly site builder!). The help screens on my Quest Web Parts all begin with "What's New in 5.4" so we must be using some build of release 5.4,
- 03/02/2012 at 5:25 am #5065
The fix seems to be simple and worked for me. I went to Central Admin pages and retract then deploy Quest Web Parts solution package. Recheck all the pages and everything starts to work again.
I hope this helps you as well.
- 02/15/2013 at 1:38 am #5363
The exact scenario with reproduceable steps are still unknown. The issue seems to appear when an administrator uses the "Manage Web Parts" feature in Central Admin to provision the web parts to web applications or site collections. R&D has logged this issue and will follow-up with further investigations to determine the cause and find a solution for this. The ID# of the item is 259290.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.