qListForm: RefreshFormStart is undefined

qListForm: RefreshFormStart is undefined

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I’m using Quest Web Parts with SharePoint Server (Enterprise) 2010.

On one of my lists (named “Activities”) I’ve edited the NewForm, DispForm and EditForm forms by replacing the SharePoint web part with a qListForm web part.  The display form works correctly.  The edit and new forms, however, throw errors like the ones below:

When I Open the EditForm:

1. All of the List Item’s data appears correctly, the way I want it to display in qListForm.

2. A waring appears in my IE Status bar, double clicking that waning, displays these messages:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)Timestamp: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 14:36:32 UTC

Message: Object expectedLine: 3121Char: 1Code: 0URI: http://server/site//Activities/EditForm.aspx?ID=19&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fserver@2f/site%2FLists%2FActivities%2FAllItems%2Easpx

Message: ‘RefreshFormStart’ is undefinedLine: 27Char: 7Code: 0URI: http://server/ScriptResource.axd?d=lm7D90Bwk2Ebk1qiJLdkF4LJRTIyPOvQ6rIx3ESO09jRL4OFCg6f1S3wrbijfLVx8KrZhIWZrdqkD7EI5WTJJaIOod_fcTNhEMT-kz1g4XvsqAU0-yh6HZKhrjXjpxPHVlduRXBFmfvryinaKe_kwyBjGvyXS1YnoSq0KLcJ_NB9SeSb0&t=1d8eab19

Clicking the save button doesn’t save the changes and leaves the current record, displayed in the qListFrom, up on the screen.  The warning and error mesages are almost the same, however a third message has been added:

Line: 204

Char: 146

Code: 0

URI: http://server/site/Lists/Activities/EditForm.aspx?ID=19&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fserver%2Fsite%2Fitgadev%2FEACevents%2FLists%2FActivities%2FAllItems%2Easpx

I don’t even know where to begin to troubleshoot these.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please ask Quest Support for a webex, that would allow me to see your environment and hopefully provide a solution.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Tom,

It looks like you're missing some javascript files. Please contact Quest Support and open a case (please mention Quest Web Parts version) and then we can have a webex session to investigate and fix the problem.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Would those be local javascript files?  That would make sense as I'm working with a new drive and os (on which I'd bet java was never installed).

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The js files that I suspect they're missing are files deployed by our installer on the SharePoint server not on your local drive.

If you have rights to logon to your SharePoint server(s) this is what you need to check.

Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.DataViewer\4.0.0.0__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b

02/29/2012  09:19 AM            13,743 WADataViewer.js
      02/29/2012  09:19 AM            19,592 WAListForm.js
                     2 File(s)         33,335 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.ListForm\4.0.0.0__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b

02/29/2012  09:19 AM            19,592 WAListForm.js
                     1 File(s)         19,592 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.SystemIntegration\4.0.0.0__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b

02/29/2012  09:19 AM             3,336 WASI.js
      02/29/2012  09:19 AM            15,421 WASIListForm.js
                     2 File(s)         18,757 bytes

Directory of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\wpresources\WA.WebPart\4.0.0.0__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b

02/29/2012  09:19 AM             2,569 WAWebPart.js
                     1 File(s)          2,569 bytes

Total Files Listed:
                     6 File(s)         74,253 bytes

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks, but all of those files are present.  One of our server admin discovered that he could use the Quest webpart on a machine with IE9, but got the errors I describe when we used IE8.  (e SharePoint site, e Server, e Login Credentials…).

Can you think of a reason that this might be?

Tom

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Oops… forgor to mention.  My machine is Windows 7 (just installed this week). The server admin was running two different machines (on IE8, the other IE9), but both were using Windows Server 2008.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

On the machine where you got the error clear your browser's cache, restart the browser and try it again.

PS

What's you QWP version?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Tried clearing cache and restarting the browser on my Win7 / IE8 workstation.  That made no difference.

I've asked the server admin to find the version number (I don't have access to the server… I'm just a lowly site builder!).  The help screens on my Quest Web Parts all begin with "What's New in 5.4" so we must be using some build of release 5.4,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Tom

I just stumbled upon the exact same issue today where the entire SharePoint site was working perfectly yesterday without this kind of error. The same error occurred to firefox at the same time. You cannot submit any form (out of box ListForm is OK). Also I noticed there is JavaScript error icon shown at the bottom corner of the IE browser points to missing function call. After I put IE developer tool on with JavaScript tab on, I search the specific JS function call error to see if the WADataView.js or WAListForm.js is loading properly and it was not.

The fix seems to be simple and worked for me. I went to Central Admin pages and retract then deploy Quest Web Parts solution package. Recheck all the pages and everything starts to work again.

I hope this helps you as well.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The exact scenario with reproduceable steps are still unknown. The issue seems to appear when an administrator uses the "Manage Web Parts" feature in Central Admin to provision the web parts to web applications or site collections. R&D has logged this issue and will follow-up with further investigations to determine the cause and find a solution for this. The ID# of the item is 259290.

Apart from the above mentioned workaround to retract and redeploy the web parts solution package, it is also possible to copy directly the folders containing the JavaScript files from another environment where the web parts are working fine to the wpresources directory.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.