qListForm Row Span feature in QPW 5.7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thanks for the note. Unfortunately your response does not deal directly with my question and the requirements of the customer.

In my example we have a simple 2 column form. The 'Description' field spans 2 rows (this being ['Column 1, Row 1'] and ['Column 1, Row 2'].

This issue is that we can’t correctly place the ‘Status’ and ‘% Complete’ fields next to the ‘Description' field.

We can place the 'Status' field correctly in [Column 2, Row 1]. We can’t place the ‘% Complete’ field in [Column 2, Row 2] it is appears to be in [Column 2, Row 3] which not what we want!

Diagram.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

This is how you can span a field over multiple columns:

This is the screenshot of the Edit field (please note that I set the field width otherwise it looks like the span doesn't work).

Span2.png

This is the result of my settings.

Span1.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This is how it looks like when you span over 2 columns and have on a 3rd column another field.

span3.png

And this is the configuration.

Span4.png

In both samples I use a MultiColumnLayout as Form Layout and I have 3 columns.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi , thanks for confirming this.

Can we get this fixed in the next release?

Can we also get the 'Row Span' and 'Column Span' feature to work when the "Render label and control in single row:" is 'unchecked'? At least half the forms we build we have this 'unchecked'.

Feature Request

Can you add a new capability so that we can insert free text fields in the form? We need to be able to add Headers or Section Headers in forms. Please see the attached.

Reagrds Headers in a Form.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

Sorry I missed your point here, the above drawing made me understood what you wanted to accomplish.

I could not achieve this through the ezEdit configuration. It can be done through custom actions and using a custom layout.

Is more work but if your customer is pushing hard I can help you.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello

We are trying to create a simple layout using the new ‘Row Span’ feature in qListForm from QWP 5.7. For some reason we can’t make the feature work as we want it to.

This is what we are trying to acheive ……

This is what we want.JPG

We are using a Tabbed form, set with a 2 column layout.

We have a ‘Description’ field set in the first column with Row Span set = 2

We have a ‘Status’ field in the set in the 2nd column (this field renders correctly adjacent to the ‘Description’ Field)

We have a ‘% Complete” field set in the 2nd column (this field does not render correctly, it appears to be in the 3rd row. It is not adjacent to the ‘Description’ field.

This is what we get …….

What we get.JPG

Issue.jpg

Regards

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for your input. I recorded everything and this is the US#203665.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.