QListForm Save and Close button is not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Vaishakhi,

Do you see any javascript errors happening when you save your changes? Please note that depending on your browser version and settings you may not see them unless you go and change that setting.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thanks for the quick answer.

What settings I need to change? I have IE 9 on my computer.

Thanks,

Vaishakhi

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am getting below JS Error.

QListFormSaveAndCloseError.bmp

Let me know what I need to do to run the Save and Close (as well as CheckIn) button successfully.

Thanks,

Vaishakhi Shah

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Vaishakhi,

n

n

You may want to have a look at this post http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/sharepoint-for-all/f/4782/t/19556145. The issue you are have sounds very similar to this one, and it may be helpful to have a look.

n

n

Thanks,

n

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Let's try to debug the js code and find out the piece of code that causes the error.

On the browser please go to menu Tools-> F12 developer tools and then go to the tab Script. First thing you need to do is to clear the cache using  the first button in the toolbar. After you do that please go and hit the button Start Debugging. That would reload the page you'll see the error. Please take a screenshot and post it here.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

When I press Save and Close button, I am getting below javascript error.

SCRIPT5007: The value of the property 'ValidateWAForm' is null or undefined, not a Function object

Thanks,

Vaishakhi

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please go on your WFE server(s) where you have installed QWP and check the existance of the following folders and files.

If the either some folders or files are missing then that's the problem and I'd suggest you to contact Quest Support team to open a case. We can solve it online by providing you the missing files.

QWPjsFiles.png

QWPjsFiles2.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks !!

I checked on WFE, these files/folders were not there.

My admin did reinstall it and then magic!!! I saw all files and folders in the same way you listed above and now Save and Close as well as Check In button started working.

Again thanks for your help!!!

Regards,

Vaishakhi

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

We are using Quest Webparts for Sharepoint 2010 with Version 5.6.

I created a qListForm for my Document Library. Cancel and Delete button works as they should. But I don’t know Save and Close button is not updating my properties which I am giving there.

e thing is happending when I press CheckIn button after the upload of a file, It is just stay on that page and not saving the file.

Please help me as what am I doing wrong???

Vaishakhi

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm glad that it worked!

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.