QlistForm – v5.7 – Sp2007 – JavaScript / jQuery to reset a form field.

QlistForm – v5.7 – Sp2007 – JavaScript / jQuery to reset a form field.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

Will be migrating SharePoint farm to SP2013 over the next 12 months, along with QuickApps – SP2013.

n

At the present configuring “Valid” / “Invalid When” has no effect on SP2007.

n

Have JavaScript / jQuery script to attempt to validate QlistForm Start / End Contract form fields,

n

Have set up change events for the appropriate date fields using for instance :-

n

$(“input[name*=” + Form_StartDate_FieldName + “]”).change(function() {

n

//*** Retrieve Start Date value                        var Form_StartDate_FieldValue = $(this).val();                        //*** Retrieve the appropriate End date to compare                        var Form_EndDate_FieldValue = $(“input[name*=” + Form_EndDate_FieldName + “]”).val();

n

//*** Comparison code here …..

n

});

n

function.

n

Have jQuery code working to retrieve form field values via the Change events then convert into a javaScript Date variable for comparison purposes.

n

If the user enters a Start Date which is GT the form End date, I issue an Informative message and attempt to reset the End Date to the Start date value using :-

n

//*** Now Change Form End Date to Start Date                                    $(“input[name*=” + Form_EndDate_FieldName + “]”).val(Form_StartDate_FieldValue);

n

however the form field does NOT refresh unless I click in the End Date input field.

n

If I set AutoPostBack=”true” on the Start / End date field(s), my On Change event does NOT fire correctly.

n

Any ideas, how I can get the form field to refresh to the updated value set by JavaScript / jQuery.

n

Thanks

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

You can achieve this using custom actions (C# code sample solution provided with the product) to validate data on Save action.

n

It's easy to adapt and extend, just open the solution in Visual Studio  from the <InstallationLocation>pleCode folder and look at the file called pleCustomActionEx.cs It has already validation sample code and it's easy to adapt to your needs.

n

Please check the product documentation for more details.

n

n

n

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.