qListForm Webpart to upload document

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Pushkar,

Please take a look at the "CAML filter for folders" qListView wp property.

This allows you to build conditions based on the current user logged in to see specific Folders.

For more details about how to build CAML please check our documentation section "CAML Filter Help"..

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thank you so much for the reply but i am using qListForm WP rather than qListView webpart.

In qListForm webpart i dont see any CAML filter property.

I dont think your answe can be applied to qListForm webpart.

Thanks.

–Pushkar

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

Currently we have SP 2010 teamsites and we have Quest Webpart licenses.

Now we have one document library, and there are number of folders inside document library.

Now we have given granual permissions such a way that Group A have only permission to add document inside Folder A, similarly Group B have only permission to add document inside Folder B.

Now i want to utilise qListForm webpart to upload document inside each folder of that specific group.

Any way this could be accomplished using qListForm webparts?

I would relaly appriciate if you guide me.

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In that case you can use Form Initialization Actions or Custom Actions to detect the user's group and set the folder value based on the group permissions. This custom action gets executed when the qListForm loads or when the Save operation is performed. This solution is transparent for the user.

Please check our documentation for more details about how you implement, debug and deploy these custom actions. We also provide a sample fully functional solution that would guide you in building the custom action you need. Check the QWP folder installation and check out the folder pleCode. Also, the documentation can be accessed directly from All Programs->Quest Software-Quest Web Parts or from within the web parts using the "?" icon.

Also make a quick search on this community to find out more details.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.