qListform with si Integration

qListform with si Integration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi – I'd appreciate a reply if anyone knows the answer to this.  Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Good morning,

I have a qlistform that is using si integration as the field type for one of it’s fields.  I need to be able to select multiple values from this data source and wasn’t sure what data type my column needed to be to accomodate that and/or what property needs to be set in the qlistform.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no option to select multiple values at this time.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Since each SI Column allows you to connect to an external data source with single value selection, your option could be define multiple fields in the receiving List if this is feasible. Each field can be of type Text or Multiple Line of Text and should be optional. This works if your multiple choices is limited to, say 3 or less. You would define these 3 or less receving fields to be of System Integration filed type to connect to the external data source. This configuration allows you to bring multiple values into your List. You can then define a Calcuated field type to combine the data these fields brought in with whatever format you would like.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks !

Unfortunately my list has several hundred items (it looks up to a personnel list). Do you know if there are plans to incorporate this in a future release?

Sent from my iPhone

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

We can submit a new feature request for you. This seems to be a nice feature to have. But it can get complicated. From your requirement, it seems that allowing mulitple values for SI column of type Multiple line of Text or People/Group field would be sufficient. How would you do with the multiple vlaues brought in from the external data source? Is there correlation between the data from personnel list and the SharePoint group/users?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.