• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

I suggest you can try to write some JavaScript to format the Calculated field in qListView.

n

1. Add a Script Editor web part into the page, insert a JavaScript about format the date function, it will be used as formating function in the calculated field in qListView. something like:

n

<script>

n

function FormatDate(date){

n

var oldDate = new Date(date);

n

var today = new Date();

n

return oldDate .getDate() – today.getDate();

n

}

n

</script>

n

2. Add a custom filed in qListView, invoke the JavaScript function in ‘Calculated Value’ setting, something like below, the <%Date%> is a parameter that you want to format:

n

<script>FormatDate('<%Date%>');</script>

n

But I would like the mention that if you do that, this calculated field cannot be sorted any more.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

The [NOW] and [Today] are the internal key work for the web parts, but just for CAML, they do not support for calculated value. I think JavaScript is the only way to achieve it currently.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks ,

n

So there is no way to reference Today without using JavaScript?

n

In the User Guide there is a reference to [Today] and <%Now%>, but only for CAML filtering.  It would really simplify things if those types of values could be referenced in the Calculated Value field.

n

Is basic date math possible with the Calculated Value?

n

For example, if a numeric value was stored in a list column, called say Grace Period in Months.  The user would simply store say the number 3.  Every record associated with that would have 3 months of grace period added to their existing expiry date. 

n

If the Grace Period in Months was changed to 4, the qListView would automatically display the expiry date plus 4 months.  Would that require JavaScript to display? 

n

There is no way to use the "Calculated Values" field for a custom column without JavaScript?

n

Hopefully this makes sense.

n

Thanks,

n

Trav

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

I have asked an enhancement request, the ID is #438597. I think this is a valuable feature for users.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Good to know. 

n

Would it be possible for Dell to consider replacement values like [Today] and [Now] to be accessible by for all areas of the system, not just the CAML filtering?  It could go a long way.

n

Thanks,

n

Trav

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

n

In a qListView we would like a display field we will use to count down the number of days until we hit a due date on a SP item.

n

I cannot find anyway to reference the current date whenever a qListView is open.

n

The assumption is we add a custom field to a qListView and in the Calculated Value field enter syntax like <%DueDate%> – @now or <$%DueDate%> – Today… at least as a starting point.

n

From there we will color code the rows for the typical 30, 60, 90 and 120+ days out.

n

Plus is there ANY documentation of real world examples of how to use the Calculated Values field.

n

Any advice would be great.

n

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks ,

n

While looking at those replacement values, being able to apply some Date math to those values would be a valuable as well.

n

Anyway,

n

Thanks for the help.

n

Trav

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.