QListview: Can I "Hide" Field Name from Groupings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jonathan,

Open ezEdit, go to Display Fields and add a space in the column Title of the field that you have the grouping.

This solves your problem.

If you consider that this answers your question please mark it so.

Community1.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

–  Thank you for the speedy response.  That was exactly what I was hoping for!  However, there is a side-effect that I wasn't expecting.  The GroupExpanded value, although set to "false", is being overriden when i add the space to the Title field as you've suggested.  I've checked all the values being displayed, and none have GroupExpanded set to true.  I haven't thought through all of the possibilities yet, but do you happen to know why this happens?  I would like to default the view to NOT expanded when someone links to or refreshes the list….

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I noticed the same behavior and I thought that was my env.

I replaced the space with _ and that fixed the expansion problem.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

–  Your help is very much appreciated, and I don't want to be a nag….  but although the _ did fix the expansion problem, the result is the following (note underscore appearing…):

Capture2.GIF

I'll give some additional thought to this and see what I can do to get around this.  Thanks again!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am using QWP for SP 2010.  Created qlistview that has a field enabled for “grouping by”.  Similar to SharePoint out of the box, when you group by a particular field the result is that each grouping is preceded by the field name.  For example, if the grouping is based on a field called “Assigned to 1st Level”, then every instance of a grouping is prefixed by Assigned to 1st Level : Project Owner, Assigned to 1st Level : Project Owner, and so on.  This is annoyingly repetitive.  Is there any way within the qlistview editor to hide or mask the field title, so that I don’t see it?  I just want to see the value of the “Assigned to 1st Level” field WITHOUT the prefix…

Capture1.GIF

Any way to do this?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I know , it's not the best solution.

Find a nice short name for your long field and use it in the title.

Would you mind to mark your question Helpful or Answered?

Tks!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.