Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

Did you delete the OOB list view or just hide it?

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I deleted it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Can you please create a new list from scratch, add some content, crawl, ensure that teh results show up  then replace the OOB list view with qListView and instead of deleting the OOB list view just hide it.

n

Then ad some new list items and crawl again and check if the content shows up in the search results.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

This seems to be working, however, we use quest apps extensively in our portal.  Will we need to add hidden OOTB for every quest web part on every page?  Are there any other options as there is concerns about impact on performance.

n

Thanks,

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Good morning,

I replaced a standard sharepoint list view webpart with a qlistview webpart on a page.  Previousl, with the native webpart, when the page was crawled, content contained in the list was returned in search results if the keyword was found.  With the qListview, content in the list does not show up in a result.  Is there a setting that nees to be enabled for this?

Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

I think that you need to bring back all OOB web parts. If you need to do that hundreds of times then you can think about using some PS script that would do that for you. In our documentation when when we talk about replacing OOB web parts we ask users to hide the OOB.

n

If the OOB list view is hidden I wouldn't be concerned about the page loading performance.

n

n

n

n

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.