qListView Custom Action failing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

I suspect that the field Upload Document is a required field and when you execute your custom action during the postback it detects that this field is empty and that invalidates the postback and your custom action.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

So is there a way to have the two web parts coexist on the page and have this functionality work?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

When 2 web parts sit on the same page and one has a field that is required and the second one makes a postback then the postback gets invalidated by the required field. This is not QWP behavior but also SP OOB web parts.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I am trying to get the Delete Custom action to work in my qListView.  On the same page, pointing to the same Doc Library is a qListForm that I use to upload documents.  I want to give people the ability to upload documents from the Doc Library as needed.  However when I run the Custom Action it fails and the qListForm shows the error “Please select a file”.  It’s as if the qListForm is tied to the qListView in some manner.  Is there a setting that I can enable to prevent this ‘link’ between the two web parts?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK, that makes sense, thanks.  I used a Dialog window to open another page with the ListForm on it, so it still looks like it's on the same page. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.