qlistview – edit in datasheet

qlistview – edit in datasheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Unfortunately there is no option available for "Edit in datasheet".

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

aawww…darn! thank you for the reply

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I would assume that you were referring to QWP for SP2007 as in both SP2003 and SP2007, there is option "Edit in datasheet" whereas in SP2010, you would click on "List" ribbon tab and access through Datasheet View. For SP2003 and SP2007, adding this feature is possible but we no longer provide new feature in QWP for SP2007. However you can easily work around by the following steps:

1. Add a custom action as a toolbar button, name it "Edit in datasheet"

2. Define this action to be associated with a "GoToUrl" action

3. Copy the URL that OOTB ListView use when you click on the OOTB "Edit in datasheet" link and use that URL in your action class, you may specify additional parameter if OOTB one requires

4. Now save the settings and view the web part, click on newly added toolbar button to go to the OOTB editing datasheet view

For SP2010, I would assume you can work around it as well but since this is invoked from Ribbon UI, more research needs to be done in order to figure out what actual URL link is used or Javascript is called for the datasheet view – you could possibly use IE developer tool or Firebug for Firefox to intercept and debug the call to find out.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I tried it. This kinda helps. I used the URL from the OOTB list view, but the datasheet view in that is not filtered like the way I have on the qlistview. I want the datasheet view to look exactly the way it is in my qlistview, just in a datasheet format.

Thank you though.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is there an option or a way to add in the qlistview toolbar the “Edit in datasheet” option in the Action button just like in the SharePoint ootb toolbar of list view?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

n

n

Sorry, SP 2013 doesn’t have this feature either. But I have ask an enhancement request for the team. The ID is #440595.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We are in SP 2013.  Any support for edit in datasheet view in the works?

n

Thanks,

n

Trav

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.