qListView field replacement values in the custom display vs. standard grid display

qListView field replacement values in the custom display vs. standard grid display

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a qListView web part which has the following html markup in the Results Body section of the Custom Display Tab (rolling up document libraries):

n

<a class=”QuestDoc” target=”_blank” href=”<%Folder%>”><%Name%></a>

n

This works just like I would expect by putting the url to the folder where the document resides.

n

I have another page with a qListView web part which lists all the documents in a library and I have this snippet in the Display Fields section of the Display tab:

n

n

<Fields LookupThresholdControlSetting=”Default”>  <Field Name=”Type” />  <Field Name=”Name” LinkTo=”&lt;%FilePath%&gt;” GroupExpanded=”false” />  <Field Name=”RSUI Status” />  <Field Name=”Folder” />  <Field Name=”&lt;Custom1&gt;” FixedValue=”Correspondence” LinkTo=”&lt;%Folder%&gt;” /></Fields>

n

However, in this scenario the LinkTo value on the custom field does not work as I expect.  I would expect that when the user clicks on the value in the column for an item, it would take them to the folder in the library where the document resides (similar to the first scenario)….it does not.  It performs a javascript postback which redirects to the root level of the site.  How do I accomplish this without a custom display?  Thank you.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

n

Sorry, “LinkTo” setting cannot accomplish your case.

n

I suggest you can try to use the “Calculated Value” setting to do that. You can create a new custom field, then click “Edit” button, set its “Calculated Value” to “<a href=<%Folder%>> Correspondence </a>”. after that, click the “Correspondence” field in the page, it will navigate to the specified folder.

n

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.