qListView in QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2 (LinkTo property dosnt work)

qListView in QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2 (LinkTo property dosnt work)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

in my qListView I have both Title and URL columns in my SP list, and I want to convert the Title column to a Hyperlink based on <%URL%> value. So in the “Link To” property, I entered <%URL%>. However, the page url didn’t render properly, b/c it seems to append an extra comma (,) at the end or url.

This is definitely a bug!!!

Please sugest a work around and let us know when to expect this issue resolved!.

Thaks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks a lot .

When I tried yur work around and created a new calculated field with <%URL%> value, it is poplated with URL,URL value  (see screeshot), since this is how sharepoint stores hyperlinks. Is there a way to only get my hands on single URL to be able to use it in the "Link To" field?

Thanks a lot,

Juia.URLs.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

I recreated your scenario and I found that if the URL field type is Hyperlink then using the URL in the LinkTo property doesn't work correctly.

The workaround in this situation is to create a calculated field of type "Single line of text" using the formula =[URL] and use this calculated field in the LinkTo property.

In this way you don't change the field type and the change is transparent for the users.

Regarding the initial issue, I logged it in our system and it will be prioritized accordingly.

The reference# is 329347.

Thanks,

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.