qListView in QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2 (LinkTo property dosnt work)

qListView in QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2 (LinkTo property dosnt work)

Home Forums QuickApps Forum qListView in QuickApps for SP 2013 v.6.2 (LinkTo property dosnt work)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

in my qListView I have both Title and URL columns in my SP list, and I want to convert the Title column to a Hyperlink based on <%URL%> value. So in the “Link To” property, I entered <%URL%>. However, the page url didn’t render properly, b/c it seems to append an extra comma (,) at the end or url.

This is definitely a bug!!!

Please sugest a work around and let us know when to expect this issue resolved!.

Thaks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks a lot .

When I tried yur work around and created a new calculated field with <%URL%> value, it is poplated with URL,URL value  (see screeshot), since this is how sharepoint stores hyperlinks. Is there a way to only get my hands on single URL to be able to use it in the "Link To" field?

Thanks a lot,

Juia.URLs.jpg

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

I recreated your scenario and I found that if the URL field type is Hyperlink then using the URL in the LinkTo property doesn't work correctly.

The workaround in this situation is to create a calculated field of type "Single line of text" using the formula =[URL] and use this calculated field in the LinkTo property.

In this way you don't change the field type and the change is transparent for the users.

Regarding the initial issue, I logged it in our system and it will be prioritized accordingly.

The reference# is 329347.

Thanks,

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.