qListView – javascript error/delete issue with IE8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I was able to get rid of Javascript error by making some changes to the ContextMenu tab of the qListView web part ( I unchecked almost everything and changed "Show Contect Menu" method from "RightClick" to "ShowContextMenuColumn"

QuestContectManu.JPG

but the delete issue is still there, when I select one of the  rows in the qListView and click "Delete" from the top navaigation

QuestList.JPG

I get the following error ( "Please select one of more rows").

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

QuestError.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

First thing to try would be to clear the browser's cache (be sure that the preserve website's data option is unchecked). Then restart the browser and try again.

If that still doesn't fix the issue then please switch the browser to the development mode from the Tool menu or by hitting F12 then debug the javascript code to see exactly what fails.

Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I tried first option – clearing cache didnt help.

Then I tried second option and I attached the screenshot since I dont understand what is worng with the Quest webpart. ( issue is on line 254)

btw, another team member in my team has exactly the same issue with the same qListView webpart and connected to a different Sharepoint list on a different sharepoint site.

Thanks again,

QuestJavascript.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Would you mind to make click on the right hand side on the line 254 "WADataViewer char.." to see exactly the code that errors?

Thanks,

NIc

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

sure, thanks . When I click on right hand side, i see that error is in the "SetMouseOverRowIndex function, pn line 254:

QuestJavascript.JPG

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I think that your action requires at least one row to be selected.

What action you perform when you get the error?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

That's why I included a screenshot of my page, so you can see that one record was selected prior me clicking "Delete" button.

I have also tried changing "Section Column Type" under "Grid Appearance" to "SingleRowSelector" and to "MultiRowSelector", then after selecting a checkbox and clicking "Delete" button was getting the same error.

Delete functionality with qListView doesn't work at all no matter what I try.

So any suggestions to work around it will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please call Quest Support team and open a case so we can go online and troubleshoot your issue.If you do that I can go online with your today.

It's difficult for me to find out the reason without seeing your environment.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks . I opened a case with Support.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi guys,

I would need and appreciate help with troubleshooting the javacript error with qListView, which i think is preventing the “Delete” button to work properly.

So I have qListView on my shapreopint 2010 page, I’m running IE8. When I expand the error detailes, i see this:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC EA 2; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 14:18:22 UTC

Line: 254

Char: 2

Code: 0

URI: http://nyvmspwfedev/depts/os/_wpresources/WA.DataViewer/4.0.0.0__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b/WADataViewer.js

Please see the attached screenshot. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

We called you and left a voice mail. Please get back to us so we can go online and find a solution for your issues.

Thanks,

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.