- This topic is empty.
- 10/13/2011 at 1:20 am #3904
I have a list with some multiline text columns. For many of these, the “Append Changes to Existing Text” is set to Yes. I’m using a qListForm (configured as a New List Item Form) to fill in some of these columns. Then, i am using a qListView to display the items.
When i create a new item and view it in the qListView, the content of the multiline columns with Append Changes does not appear (it is however saved in the item). If i edit the item (using another qListForm), i am able to view the content.
I tried creating an item using the out-of-box NewForm.aspx and the content is displayed in the same qListView without any problems.
Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much!
- 10/13/2011 at 1:20 am #6688
What do you think about the possible workaround?
- 10/13/2011 at 8:48 am #4764
Hi H P,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
I recreated your scenario ain my env. and this is what I did and saw:
– I created the first multiline value (with append text option set to true) "lune1-1" using qListForm
– it displayed correctly in qListView
– I edited the item using qListForm and I saw that the text box of this column was empty and the initial value was displayed below (see attached picture)
– I went again and I edited this item, same issue, empty textbox but below displayed both previous values
I think that this is the correct behavior.
Please let me now if you have any questions.
- 10/13/2011 at 11:01 am #6650
Thank you for the reply. Actually, the qListForm does correctly display the history as you have described below. My issue was with the qListView. qListView does not display the history of such columns. We have a business need to display history of edits to a multi-line text column in a qListVIEW.
Again, I immensely appreciate your feedback and help.
- 10/13/2011 at 11:45 am #6687
I can't see any option that would allow you to do this but here is a possible workaround.
Create a column and display it as a link and when the user clicks on it will be redirected to a page where he can see the history.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.