qListView Operators

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Rick

Do not know if you already found a solution to the problem you posted. Yes, there is a way to tweak the operators and that can be done without code change from Quest Web Parts. You can do this with JavaScript on the client side to manipulate the DOM and remove or apply fixed operators the way you wanted. With the help of jQuery, this task may be easier.

If you would like to get more details, I would encourage you to check out the posts from a Quest Web Parts user. Dave's blog on Removing OPTIONS with jQuery illustrates the technique to be applied. Hope this helps.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Everyone,

I brand spanking new to the Quest SharePoint community so forgive any faux-pas with my first question.

I created a search using the qListView web part for SharePoint and I would like to remove some of the operators (Exclude from Search, Is Empty, Is not Empty) from the drop down menu. The goal is to reduce some confusion for my users when they perform a search.  I am aware of the ability to apply a fixed operator and a default operator but that would not serve my purpose as well as I want.

Is it possible to remove some of the search operators from the drop down menu? 

Any and all replies appreciated. Instructions on how to remove the operators would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thank you for the information . I will check out Dave's blog.

Rick

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.