qListView – 'Type' column affects lookup and computed columns

qListView – 'Type' column affects lookup and computed columns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Quest Support is reporting that they are unable to reproduce this error.  Any of you that have an interest in this issue and you are running Sharepoint 2007, I would be interested in hearing if you can reproduce.

I am waiting to hear back from Quest Support regarding the steps they took.

Thanks!

Jim

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This is another item that I have logged as a case already (some time back) and wanted to make the user community aware of (I would want to know myself).

This issue does not happen all the time, but is pretty consistent on custom web part pages.

Add a qListView to a web part page.  Include a computed column (like where you want to show “%LastName%,%FirstName”, etc.) and/or a lookup column.  Without the Type column, these columns render just fine (if done correctly, of course).

Now add the Type column ahead of all the other columns (the usual place for the Type column).  As a result, the types of columns I described above get rendered as something useless:

– Lookup columns render in the internal “n;#xxxxx” format- columns show “system.data.datarowview” instead of the custom value.

Remove the Type column, and the other columns correct themselves.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This issue is resolved with the newly-released version 5.4.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.