qListView webpart toolbar menu options not showing up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

You need to upgrade your Quest Web Parts to a newer version. Version 5.6 is available for some time now and 5.7 will be out in April. I you don't want to upgarde to the latest version, since you're on 5.4 I'd suggest you to upgrade to 5.4.1 (please ask Quest Support team for 5.4.1 SP2007 hotfix 163802 which has the fix you're interested in).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The Replace button doesn't show up in the toolbar as a standalone button but under Actions button on the toolbar.

Please check our documantation for more details.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for the reply.When I mouse over or click on Actions button nothing happens and there are no sub menu options unders Actions.Your assistance is much appreciated.

Can you please post the link to the documentation on this webpart feature?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

In reply to your post above,we installed version 5.6 for SP 2007 and I checked the replace button option from ezEdit.The replace button to do a replace of a column value is not showing up.

The Actions button shows up but doesn't do anything when clicked.I get the error below in IE when the Actions button is clicked.

I need help in getting the replace button to show up.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8)

Line: 97

Char: 5

Code: 0

URI: http://siteapp/sites/sandbox/QWP56/_wpresources/WA.DataViewer/4.0.0.0__2b4b09f1c57c8f0b/WADataViewer.js

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You need to enable the Replace button in order to show up.

You can do that from ezEdit->Toolbar Appearance tab then the Replace button will show up under Actions toolbar menu.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply.I have checked the option Show Replace button from Toolbar appearance tab and it still does not show up.Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Can you create a custom action in the toolbar and see the button in the toolbar?

The documentation gets installed with the product and can be invoked from the web part (using web part's verb menu or from ezEdit).

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks.I was able to create a custom action and the custom action "test" shows up to the right of Actions but no replace option under Actions.I am attaching a screen capture of the toolbar as it shows up.

I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you.

Capture.GIF

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I can't see your screen capture (the web page at my end displays an x red image).

Do you still see the javascript error? If so this is the reason you can't see the Replace option.

Try to clear your browser's cache, restart the browser and reload the page.

PS

Other test to see if there is any js error is to display a list in qListView and select a row from the grid.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I cleared the cache and reloaded browser and the Replace button does not show up.I don't get any error when I check(on the checkbox) a list item in the web part,but if I click on the image(grey square with arrow pointing down) next to the check mark I get that Javascript error.

Here is a link to the screen shot document in Google Docs. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuQ6g5ax5r3P81uQA3F8h2M5qEoaqTHG2B-SGADaxiM/edit

I would very much appreciate your help in figuring this out.

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

If you have multiple web front-end servers please change your host file so you hit only one WFE server and try again.

Since your question is more complex and requires more investigation please contact Quest Support team and open a case.

That would help us to go online with you and make a more detailed investigation.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Has this been identified as a bug?  We are experiencing a similar issue where clicking on the Delete button with a row highlighted does not perform a delete.  Is there an ETA on the next release?  Will this issue be addressed in it?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please contact Quest Support team and open a support ticket and we can go online and try to solve the problem.

The issue that you experience is due to some Quest Web Parts JavaScript files that either are missing or not working correctly.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sreenia,

I have requirement like one new menu control Item in QListView,  when I click on that control item, it navigate to different URL.

How can I add the Menu control Item and how can it navigate to different URL/Page.

Any one is help me?

Thank you,

Kishore

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We are using Quest webparts Version 5.4 for SharePoint 2007.In using the qList view webpart we have the toolbar options checked for delete,alert,replace etc., and the options are not showing up in the tool  bar.We have a actions button but when clicked nothing happens. I would like to use this web part to do mass updates of a column value in list items but I am unable to as the menu options on the toolbar are not showing up.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I have requirement like one new menu control Item in QListView,  when I click on that control item, it navigate to different URL/page/ show one pop-up message.

How can I add the Menu control Item and how can it navigate to different URL/Page.

could you help me?

Thank you,

Kishore

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

To create a new menu item please go to ezEdit->Display Fields->Custom Actions and create a toolbar button then add an action of type GoToURL and you add your url there.

For more details please check the docs.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.