- This topic is empty.
- 08/16/2012 at 1:57 am #4197
I have a question about the qMediaView web part that somebody might be able to help me out with. See the attached screen-print, what I’m trying to do is:
1) Completely remove the qMediaView ribbon from being viewable. I don’t want my users to be able to configure this web part.
2) When I select Slide Show and Carousel I would expect the picture in the front of the carousel to get bigger. When playing with the Item Width and Rotator Width settings on the Slide Shoe Appearance tab they don’t see to do anything.
3) I want to remove all the white space that is taken up under the pictures. That is precious real-estate that I can’t give up.
I have played with all of the EzEdit configuration settings and can’t figure if above is impossible or if I’m just doing something wrong. Thanks for anything.
Message was edited by: dan gauntner
- 08/16/2012 at 1:57 am #6017
The Configuration Editor tool is an exe file that sits under the installation folder (tipically C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Quest Web Parts for SharePoint 5.7).
Before proceeding to do changes please take a look at the documentation of the tool (available from Help->Contents menu) and backup your web.config file.
- 08/16/2012 at 9:41 am #5240
1. Use configuration Editor tool and disable the ribbon . This will apply to all QWP web parts.
Launch Configuration Editor tool, open your web.config file and from the toolbar select the Configuration Section form (4th button from the left).
On the tab General you need to check the Quest Ribbon Diuslay option, save and refresh the SP page.
For issue#2 and #3 I need more time to investigate. Waht's your QWP version?
- 08/16/2012 at 12:07 pm #6014
thank you very much. I am new to these web parts, do you possibly have the URL for the Configuration Editor install? Our shop is currently using
5.7 (Build 2012.3.15)
Thanks again for the help! DB
- 08/22/2012 at 10:11 am #6015
any thought on issue #2 and #3 above? Are these bugs? Thanks
- 09/11/2012 at 9:37 am #6016
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
Please see my inline comments.
2) When I select Slide Show and Carousel I would expect the picture in the front of the carousel to get bigger. When playing with the Item Width and Rotator Width settings on the Slide Shoe Appearance tab they don't see to do anything.
The Item and Rotator Width don't apply to the Carousel view but only to SlideShow and SlideShowButtons view. It works as designed.
3) I want to remove all the white space that is taken up under the pictures. That is precious real-estate that I can't give up.
You can play with the wp height and width to save some real-estate.
Please check outr documentation for more details.
If you still have any questions please let me know.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.