qMultiSelector connected to a qChartView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Ricard,

I'd use the Session to filter the data and render the chart.

Set the session for each Selector from within the MultiSelector and on the Chart web part use the CAML filter and consume the values from the session.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi k

Thanks for heping me again. i have set sessions names for each selector of my qMultiSelector.

in CAML filter i have done the following

FieldName = England

Operator: equal to

Value source : session

SessioinName: CountrySession    (session name of my qselector)

SourceName= ?                            (what do i have to put here… ID? o England again??)

SiteUrl = site where the list is mantained

ListName=  CountryValues

i don't know what to put at sourceName.

and this process i will have to repeat it for each country in the list (Spain, France, Italy, England) i supose

what i'm doing wrong¿? sorry if its an obvious thing

thanks

Ricard Santafé

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The value you should be provided is the column name not actually a hardcoded value (same idea we discussed in the tread you opened for the <%ID%>).

Please check the documentation for more details.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

hi all

I have a qMultiSelector, and i want to link one of the selectors to a qchartview. the qchartview picks the information from a  list that has the following columns : (YEAR-MONTH, SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, ENGLAND).

the selector i want to connect is called COUNTRY and you can select there (SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, ENGLAND).

so the problem starts at the time to connect because i have to connect the column “Country” with the four columns of country that i have in the list that the qchartview uses and it isn’t possible or at least i haven’t solved this issue. it only lets me connect the qslector with only one column.

an easy option would be to change the list so there would be a column called COUNTRY but i’m not allowed.

any suggestion¿?

thanks

Ricard S.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi k

I have read the documentation of qSelector, qChartView, CAML with session and i don't have a clue of how to acomplish what i want.

here i have posted 2 images, one of my qMultiSelector and another one of a List i want to filter with the qMultiSelector.

the value that i want to use to filter the list and plot it with a qChartView is the one of the "System qSelector" in this case AP1.

in the CAML of my qChartView i introduced the following:

Field Name:        AP1

Operator:           Equal to

Value Source:    Session

Session Name:   systemssession  (session name of qselect-system in qMultiSelector)

Source Name:    System(Name displayed of qSelector system)

Site Url:               site where qselect-system is located        

List Name:          qselect-system

with the things written above it should be AP1=AP1(qSelector value) but i'm missing something.

i don't know how to apply the idea of the ID=%ID%

here is the qMultiSelector

qMultiSelector.jpg

here is the list  that i want to use in the qchartview so qMultiselector filters it.

List.jpg

Thanks

Ricard S.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.