Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

If the result is over the threshold, this exception will be thrown, this exception is not thrown from the web part, it is from SharePoint. It cannot be overcome without using the CAML to narrow the items.

n

n

I have a question about your scenario, if the list has so many items, the qSelector should have a long dropdown items, does it make scense?

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

The result is not over the threshold.  The qSelector is limiting the results.  The list is over the threshold, but the results being returned are not.

n

This error occurs only on the initial load of the page.  If a different selector is chosen, the page displays successfully.  If the original selector is then selected again, the page displays as expected.  It is only on the initial load of the page that the error occurs.

n

Does another field possibly need to be indexed?

n

There are only approximately 20 values for F1.  The data is spread fairly evenly across the F1 values.  We would never expect anywhere close to 5000 results to be displayed.

n

Thank you.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

Are you using the another selector to pass the parameter to the qSelector? If the exception just exist in the initial load, I think the qSelector doesn’t receive the parameter at the first time?

n

n

As your description, I think you have set the correct index in the list. I suggest you can try to use the qMultiSelector if you are using two qSelectors in the page.

n

n

If you don’t mind, can you give me the screenshot of the full page?

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

Sorry, am I misunderstand your scenario? The exception is thrown form qListView? Or qSelector? If form qListView, I think you can try to uncheck the “Show Empty Selection” option in qSelector(under the “Selection” section) to let the qSelector to select the first option in the initial load of page, then the qListView can receive the parameter at the first time.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

n

The error is thrown in the qListView web part.  It doesn't matter if I have "Show Empty Selection" turned on or off.  It happens upon initial entry to the page.

n

I have attached 3 screen shots.  Each page consists of 3 sections:

n

n

1. a qListView with no CAML filter
      2. n

3. a qListView with a CAML filter on Vendor Cage – 003L9
      4. n

5. a qSelector on Vendor Cage and the associated qListView
      6. n

n

The first screen shot is the initial display of the page.  There are errors in the 1st (as expected) and 3rd sections (not expected). 

n

The second screen shot is after I selected a different Vendor Cage.  The 3rd section displays as expected.

n

The third screen shot is after I re-selected the initial Vendor Cage.  The 3rd section displays as expected.

n

Why does the qListView associated with the qSelector throw an error when the page is initially displayed?

n

Thank you.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi, ,

n

n

Did you open a subcase for it? If yes, we will handle it by subcase. And will update the result once the case is closed.

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

n

I have confirmed that is a bug. Fortunately, this has been fixed in v6.5. that release is coming soon…

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

Is a subcase a ticket?  We do have a ticket open with Dell Support.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

Do you know when v6.5 will be available?

n

Thanks.

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Greetings,

n

We are running SP 2010 and QuickApps 6.3.  We have a list containing 11,000+ rows, which exceeds the list view threshold.  Field F1 is indexed.

n

Adding a CAML filter on F1 in a qListView works great – all data displays as expected.

n

However, using qSelector and qListView, the error “The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.” is displayed when the page initially loads.  Subsequent F1 selections work as expected.  Even going back to the initial value (the first value) gives successful results.  It’s just the initial load of the page that gets the error.

n

Without going into extreme detail, a similar issue exists when using s qMultiSelector, this time on a document library containing over 5000 rows.  The error message displays when the page initially loads.  Subsequent selections of the second selector work as expected.  (Both selectors are indexed.)  In addition, the error message displays whenever the first selector is changed.  And, again, subsequent selections of the second selector work as expected.

n

The same queries are successful when using qListView and CAML filters.

n

Is there a workaround for this?  (Besides doing the queries during the window when operations exceeding the list view threshold are allowed.)

n

Thank you for any help you might be able to provide.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

The planned RTM date of the 6.5 is 15th, July.

n

Thanks,

n

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.