qSelector – how to reset selected value from qListForm custom action?

qSelector – how to reset selected value from qListForm custom action?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

Look at the Session Name property of your top qSelector then within your custom action set it to null.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I dont know how to do that. I was trying to add "Action" to the Custom Action and reset Session for qSelector there – i dont know which option to choose from the Type dropdown and what to do next. Could you please be more specific with your instrcutions? ( screenshot attached).

Thanks a lot,

qSelectorReset2.bmp

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

From the drop down you need to pick Custom.

Prior to that you need to write .Net code using our sample solution that we provide with the product to reset the session.

Please consult our documentation (section Custom Actions) about how to write/deploy a custom action.

If you need more info about session check this link

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178581.aspx

There are other treads on this forum where custom actions were discussed. Please search for them to get more information.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks ,

Sorry but i didnt find any discussion remotely realted to my question and to help me with the Custom Action.

You said "Please consult our documentation (section Custom Actions) about how to write/deploy a custom action."  Where can I find this documentation? Can you send me the link to it?

Thanks a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The documentation gets installed along with the product. It can be accessed directly from All Programs->Quest Software-Quest Web Parts or from within the web parts using the "?" icon.

The treads I referred to are related to Custom Actions.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks a lot .

If I'm to write a class to reset session value to null, is it possible to write a generic class which will accept "Session name" as a parameter, so i can pass it form "Custom Action" interface when selecting  "Custom" from "Type"?

because for now i only see a place where i can select a class, bt dont see if i can pass any parameters to this class ( screenshot attached. I used already exisiting class created for some other purpose as example).

Also, you dont think there is any other way to reset the session, maybe some javascript in Masterpage or something less complex to create and deploy?ClassQuestion.bmp

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

One class with multiple methods to reset sessions is enough. You can't pass the session name as a parameter within the wp UI.

Js is not an option here since the session is stored on the server on most cases (with some exceptions).

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I created everything as you instructed and it dosnt work.

1.I created a class below, signed with strong name and put dll in the bin of my Sharepoint site

2. I named the Session for the qSelector "Custom_SessionToReset" as in my class

3.I called the method i created within the "Custom Action" of my qListForm ( image below)

4. as soon as i include "ResetSession" class as "Custom" in my "Cusrtom Action" for qListForm – Item to longer saved into list, instead as i click "Request item" – new exactly the same window opens with the qselector and qlistform, where qSelector's session is not reset.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong and how i can archive what i was looking for.

Thanks.

QuestCustomActions.bmp 4QuestClass.bmp

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Aslo, , after i deployed my dll into bin of sharepoint webiste- it seemed to break javascript for all of the quest webparts on the dev website. Maybe that's why in step 4 of my previous post i was getting unexpected results?

So i think there could be an issue with my code or maybe i should create and use a new strong key to sign the dll?

I re-used the same strong key which was used to sign another custom dll, created for another quest custom action and already deployed into bin.

Thanks,

Juila.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi guys,

I have a qSelector, after the valude is selected im feeding the qListForm fields omn thec same page. qListform is consuming the row from qSelector. Then I have a Custom action in my qListForm, which saves the consumed row’s fields to the list. After the value is saved, I want to stay on the same page, but reset the selection of qSelector to “-Select One-” – which is my “Empty Selection Item Name” for the qSelector.

My qSelector is also associated with the session and i tried using this session’s name in the “Reset Session Name” field for the qListForm – doesnt do anything

Can you please help if possible?

Screenshots are attached.

Thanks  a lot,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Julia,

I'd suggest you to take a look at the following issues:

–  js errors. Debug the web page and see why you get the js error. These errors can compromise the functionality of the QWP

– you don't need to use a new/different strong key but you can do it if you want to

– debug your custom code to be sure that no exceptions happen there

– after you set your custom actions within QWP move the custom actions assemblies to the GAC and do an iisreset

– in your custom action (not the code you set up but the QWP chain of custom actions) make a save custom action first then reset the session

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.