qSelector (or Stupid Newbie Question from Stupid Newbie)

qSelector (or Stupid Newbie Question from Stupid Newbie)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Perhpas this is my error, perhaps this is a bug…

When I try to pass the id parameter into the "Link To" (on my hyperlink field in a qListForm) using the ezEdit UI the value is not passed correctly.  Following the help screen instructions as best I could, I set the Linked To equal to site/subsite/…DispForm.aspx?ID=<%ID%>

That led to all kinds of screwy URLs along the lines of …DispForm.aspx?AID=<%25ID%25>

It turns out that ezEdit was creating the XML as …DispForm.aspx?AID=&amp;lt;%ID%&amp;gt; Basically converting the ampersand that I needed to demarcate the HTML encodings of "<" and ">" into the HTML encoding for the ampersand.

In order for the ID to be passed correctly, I had to manually edit the XML to remove the "amp" in both the beginning and the end of the parameter.  After that the value was passed to my new URL correctly.

Not sure if it's my error or a bug, but if you can reproduce it we should report it as a bug.  (Where can I report bugs, by the way?)

Thanks again!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In the ezEdit configuration window the Link To property has to be someting like this

..\..aspx?ID=<%ID%>

Into the XML view you'll see something like this

..\\…aspx?ID=&lt;%ID%&gt;

and this is correct.

I don't see any bug there.

If you still think that thi is an issue please contact Quest customer support and they will help you.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You're right, mea culpa.  I misread the instructions.

When using the Display View editor, it's not necessary to encode the greater than or less than symbols.  That's only necessary when entering the xml directly.  Sorry for the confusion.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I keep reading that the qSelector web part can be used to “remember” a value accross multiple pages.  The help screen for qSelector suggests

“plac(ing) a selector that displays the project information on every page in your application and use that selector to filter the data in the qListView, Chart View (Obsolete) or any other view on the page”

What I can’t find is any explanation of how to do this.  Does anyone know of a document that would explain how to configure a qSeletor on one page to pass a value to a qSelector on another page?

Thanks.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi tom,

No worries, it's good to discuss and solve issues together (we're on a discussion forum ).

PS

Thanks for marking your tread as answered.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Tom,

Please go to ezEdit and under Display tab you'll see the property Session Name. Please pick a name of that value at your convenience (please note that the name is case sensitive) and complete the qSelector configuration (Liust Name, Dsiplay fields, etc).

Now, you can access this session value from other webparts (ie qListView and use it to filter the list based on the qSelector session value).

If you still have questions please let me know.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!  I'm now able to pass the List Item ID from my qSelector into a qListView on a different page.

Is there a way to pass that value into a qListForm as well?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes you can.

Under Display Fields select a field, go Edit, scroll to the bottom then change the Field Type type to Consume value from session.

Add the session info there and done.

If you find that I answered your questions please mark your question as Correct Answers or Helpful Answers.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes, I figured it was something like that, but I may not be setting the parameters correctly.  When I display my page, the qListForm returns:

The following error occurred: The ID HTTP parameter is required (the ID of the list item to be edited).

I suppose that means I need to set the ID HTTP parameter from my session, right?

Basically, I'm displaying an event from a calendar.  I use the qSelector on the first page (DispForm.aspx) to store the Event in a session called "SID."  DispForm has a qListForm that displays certain info about the event (date, time, place, # of people signed up, # of people on the waiting list…).

When I go to the second page (a Web Part Page that a created for the site) I use the SID session in a CAML filter on a aListView to show the people on the waiting list for that event.

I'd like to add a qListForm to the second page that will duplicate the qListForm on DispForm.aspx,  So, I include the event ID on this new qListForm and set the ID to "Consume Value From Session" (I think that's what you suggested above, right?).

I then set

Session Name = SID

Site URL = ./

List = Events

ConsumeSessionDisplayFieldName = ID

But this returns the error I describe above.

I know I'm taking a lot of your time today, but do you have any idea what I'm missing here?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What I suggested there is how to display a value from the sesson in your qListForm since you haven't specified what you wanted to do.

Based on the error message you use qListform to Edit an existing list item and qListForm can't find the ID.

You need to pass in the url the ID of that item, something like this

…\..\Editform.aspx?ID=1

That would display the item with the ID 1 in the qListForm and allow you to edit it.

I think that using Link To properyty you can make it work.

Please check our documentation, it explains nice how to edit existing items, how to use the sesion, etc.

The above description of your scenario is not clear to me. A few screenshots would help.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is there anything that should be done to the qlistform webpart itself to ensure that it will open up the specific ID?

i am getting that same error when trying to complete excercise 2 in the video, using the "Link To" properity.

and sending the ID to another list.

http://www.quest.com/tv/All-Videos/1270890484001/Quest-Web-Parts-CBT—Module-2-qListForm—Exercises-1-to-6/Video/

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.