qSelector / qListView Error on Initial Load

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

What is your QWP and SharePoint version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Quest version 5.3

SP – 2007

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have added a qSelector above a qListView web part.  The qListView is connected to the qSelector via consuming the session variable in the CAML filter.   The error occurrs when I initially enter the form and there is no value defined in the Session and the CAML errors (see picture below).  Is there a way to set a default value in the qSelector and have it load into session when the form is initially entered?  Or am I missing something?  I have used this technique before with charts without issue.

qselector error.gif

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

QWP 5.5 SP2007 hotfix TFS161250, 161254, 167352 introduces a new behavior hiding the message you see.

If you upgrade you'll get rid of the error message.

To upgrade please contact Quest Support and ask for the above version and hotfix.

PS

Workarounds:

A.

Create a custom web part that checks if the session is empty on page load. If it is empty set it to some dummy value.

Please note that the QWP session is a hashtable.

Or, you can use a qListForm, create a custom action based on the code we provide with the product (check the QWP installation folder), create a form initialization custom action, and apply the above logic.

B.(not sure if the message is gone)

Try to set the selector to show the empty value (ie "Please select") and see if you still get the error message.

Please let me know how it goes.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.