qSIChartView series sort order

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the info about your environment. FYI I have logged this defect (ID#175579) so dev will have the details to investigate this issue more closely.

Hope the upgrade goes well with your IT department and please let us know if you are seeing anything different after the upgrade to SP1 + 5.5.

Thanks,

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Todd,

I created the table as yours and this my chart configuration.

Please confirm that you have the same configuration otherwise copy/paste it here so I can use yours.

<Configuration DataIndex="0">

<XAxis FieldName="ProdGrp" SortFieldName="SortPeriod" SortFieldOrder="DESC" />

<YAxis />

<Series>

<Items FieldName="OntimeStep" AggregateFunction="Sum" ChartSeriesType="COLUMN" />

<Items FieldName="TotalStep" AggregateFunction="Sum" ChartSeriesType="COLUMN" />

</Series>

</Configuration>

Thanks,

NIc

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Todd,

We do support sort field in a muti-series data configuration using qSIChartView. I have just tried out a similar configuration in our latest release for SP2010 and I am also finding that sort field does not apply to the selected field. On the otherhand, this feature is working properly in our qChartView web part with a muti-series data configuration.

Could you confirm which version of QWP you are using, and also the SharePoint version? I will then create a defect log for qSIChartView which dev will provide a fix for.

Thanks,

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am having trouble with a chart. I have data like the following coming from a SQL query:

ProdGrpPeriodSortPeriodOnTimeStepTotalStepOnTimePercentOnTimeRgroup1 FirstStep2010-Oct2010101456156792.9160.92921 FirstStep2010-Nov2010111534158596.7820.9682:1 FirstStep2011-Sep2011091830186298.2810.98321 FirstStep2011-Oct20111049650498.4130.98422 SecondStep2010-Oct2010101349156786.0880.8612:4 ForthStep2011-Oct20111047150493.4520.9352

We are using a MultiSeriesColumn2D in the qSIChartView WebPart. Everything plots fine, except for the order of the series. We really want them sorted ascending by the ProdGrp column. However, they appear to be random (sorted as “2 SecondStep”, “4 ForthStep”, “3 ThirdStep”, “1 FirstStep”). The query correctly sorts it by ProdGrp, but the chart seems to re-order it. I have tried setting the SortFieldName attribute in the Configuration property, but that doesn’t work. Is sorting the series possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Todd

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Mine's a little different. I am currently using the following configuration:

<Configuration>

<Series>

<Items FieldName="OnTimePercent" AggregateFunction="Sum" SeriesName="Totals" ChartSeriesType="COLUMN" FilterFieldName="ProdGrp" />

</Series>

<XAxis FieldName="Period" SortFieldName="ProdGrp" />

<YAxis />

</Configuration>

Thanks,

Todd

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Yuan,

We are currently running 5.4 (Build 2010.12.1) on 2010. My IT department says that they are installing SP1 tomorrow morning and will likely upgrade to Quest Web Parts 5.5 at the same time. So, I'll end up with 2 more variables in my issue (unless it just happened to be fixed for SP1 + 5.5… wishful thinking 🙂 ).

Thanks,

Todd

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

FYI: We upgraded to 2010 SP1, but have not yet upgraded to Quest Web Parts 5.5. So, with SP1 + 5.4 the issue still exists.

Todd

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Susan,

In the latest version of the web parts, qSIChartView will display the x-axis field in random order if the Sort Field Name is empty, but it will display the field in ascending order if the Sort Field has been configured, regardless of the Sort Field Order specified. We will still need to look into this in a future release.

Thanks,

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We are now using Quest 5.7 with 2010 SP1 and this issue still exists. What is the status of the defect for qSIChartview supporting sort field in a multi-series data configuration?

Thank you,

Susan Ruhl

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.