qSIListForm – how to convert checkbox (Y/N) to SQL tinyint (1/0) data type?

qSIListForm – how to convert checkbox (Y/N) to SQL tinyint (1/0) data type?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Laurinda Chi.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Laurinda Chi
      Laurinda Chi
      Participant

Hello,

I am using a qSIListForm to display item from SQL data source, and I’m trying to match the update parameters in the stored procedure.  On the UI form, there are several check boxes which should be recognized as binary 0/1 (which I defined as tinyint data type in the SQL stored procedure).  However, when I clicked the Execute (Update) button, I’m getting the following error:

An error occurred while connecting to database: Failed to convert parameter value from a String to a Byte.

Could you please advise?  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Laurinda Chi

Rachit Vyas
      Rachit Vyas
      Participant

Hi Laurinda,
      As you are using tiny int in the SQL stored procedure and check boxes recognized as binary 0/1. So you want to update the parameters in the SP. It will give an error, You can try Bit(you can’t change datatype by SiWebPart) as data type in sql SP. Hope it  helps you.
      In case you need any further help or want to discuss the same , please feel free to log a case with our support team of QuickApps

Thanks

Laurinda Chi
      Laurinda Chi
      Participant

Hi Rachit,

Thank you!  After I changed the SQL data type to bit for these checkbox fields in my SQL stored procedure, it’s now working properly on the qSIListForm when performing an update action.

Thanks for your help with this!

Best regards,

Laurinda Chi

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.