qSIListForm pulling from multiple catalogs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

It'd be good to know why you have so many catalogs? Are those Daily Status Reports, Projects and EmployeeInfo separate SQL databases?

If not then one catalog is enough to have and use it. It's easier and more convenient and using stored procedures you can edit and show data fast and easy.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

They are seperate Tables in the same database.  I have many Stored Procedures, which I see for each catalog.  So you are saying I need to read from multiple tables in one Stored procedure so I an using a single catalog?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What I'd suggest is to have one Catalog per Database not one Catalog per Table or Business logic (ie department, unit, etc).

When you present the data try to have stored procedures that would display the data from multiple tables (using JOIN conditions) and when you updata the data you can update a single table or multiple tables if that is required by your design/logic.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK, so you recommend having the Select and Join statements in the same Stored Procedure as the Update statements, right?  I was keeping them all seperate to keep each small and simple, but can combine if that's the best way.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

I'm not suggesting you to combine the stored procedures for displaying data with the stored procedures to update data. Keep them separate but keep everything under one catalog so is easier for you to manage all the operations.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK, that is what I was doing, I just didn't follow what you meant there.  So here is the issue I am experiencing, depending on which Entity/Operation is listed first in the Catalog will depend on the Fields I can choose from in the list of Display Fields, and if I change that order after I have selected fields from another Entity/Operation, they will show no data even though the HTTPRequest is the same in the URL.  Let me show you what I am seeing:

Here is the URL I am passing: http://tx1sp1/SiteAssets/DSR.aspx?ProjectID=789&EmployeeID=37&Source=SiteAssets/Webtime.aspx%3E

I want to consume ProjectID and EmployeeID

Here I have the Projects Entity/Operation listed first:

Capture1.JPG

And the fields I can select from are only fields from the Projects Table in the dB returned from the Stored Procedure being called by the Project Entity/Operation:

Capture2.JPG

Now that I have selected these fields, I change the order of the Entity/Operation:

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Now that this order has changed, what is availble for selection in the DisplayFields has changed, but the fields I selected earlier show up like Custom Fields (but the wepart no longer shows data for them)

Capture5.JPG

So while the fields are still there they can no longer pull information from the Projects table.

Am I doing something wrong here?  All the Entity/Operations are in the same catalog.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I would like to use the qSIListForm so my users can fill out a status report for a given project.  On the main page I have a qSISelector that they use to select their name, and two more qSIListViews pull from other SQL Tables showing other Status Reports as we as Projects that they are assigned to.  On the Projects ListView I have a Custom field with a calculated URL that Links to another page with the qSIListForm passing the Project ID (and eventually the UserName).  On the qSIListForm page I have it bound to 3 catalogs: Daily Status Reports, Projects and EmployeeInfo.  Since the Status Reports is the first catalog these are the only fields I see when selecting the Display Fields.  I would like to be able to show fields from the other two catalogs, and when done, have the user submit that to the Status Reports table in SQL.

Can someone point me as to how to display fields from the other catalogs on the qSIListForm?

Message was edited by: dan gauntner

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Nate,

For pulling the data from a catalog/operation there has to be a default operation (there is a radio button on the right hand side of the list of the operations in ezEdit.

If no default operation is specified then the 1st operation is considered the default operation.

You can't display fields that don't come from the default operation (except the custom fields that can be used to build things on the fly).

Please check the product docs for more details.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.