qSIListView LinkTo Open in New Window

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Matt

You can edit the Display Field in the ezEdit screen and specify the CalculatedValue property as following:

<a href="<%Target Url%>" target="_blank"><%SI Field%></a>

Here you use field expression to specify the URL and the display of the field.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for the reply.Where exactly is the CalculatedValue property?  tried just putting it in the Display Field text as an attribute of Title, but it didn't work.

You are doing exactly what I need though. I just can't find where exactly to put it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Bring up ezEdit dialog for the Web Part, click Edit button on DisplayFields property, click Edit button next to the field that you want to render as a hyperlink column, it will show the following dialog screen where you can specify Calculated Value property.

calculated.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks again for replying.

On my display fields, I have everything down to Item CSS Class, and then it skips to LinkTo. I don't have Fixed Value or Calculated Value. Is that a configuration option that I left out possibly? or a newer version of Quest Web Parts that I need? We're on version 5.4

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

They are configuration options since 4.3. Are we talking about qSIListView Web Part? Could you post a screen shot of yours?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve got data displayed in a qSIListView web part, and I use one of the fields to turn the title into a link. It’s working well. The only problem I have is that I can’t make the link open in a new window. Does anyone know how I can make the LinkTo function open the link in a new window? Thanks in advance.

-Matt

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

dispfieldconfig.jpg

Yes, this is qSIListView. Do you know if there is a configuration setting somewhere on the server that I need to change to enable this feature. It would save me a lot of time and effort.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You need to use Custom Field for qSIListView DisplayFields property in order to see the options for Fixed Value and CalculatedValue. The following screen shots show how to use the Custom Fields that do not come from the external data source.

calculated3.png

calculated2.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thank you so much. I didn't realize it had to be a new field seperate from the Data Source. You saved me a ton of time and effort. Thank you so much.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You are welcome.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.