QSIListView unable to set parameters for dialag

QSIListView unable to set parameters for dialag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I was able to get past this issue by making the using a Session. After many trials, the only way this worked was if I made the TravlerId an InOut field, otherwise the session field wasn’t recognized.

What you suggested below did NOT work. I tried using an INPUT type and the appropriate column name, but this would not work.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

No, I did not suggest "Input", I suggested "ListItem" for qSIListView. And that is the Web Part you were using, right? You do not need to manually change the field type to In, or In/Out, or Out. Quest Web Parts reflects and finds the right type for you. Changing it will make no difference in this scenario.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Parameters are not being created to pass into a Dialog unless I select the Source as HTTPREQUEST.  Using K2 SmartObjects I’d like to use the value returned or from a connected webpart.  Need help ASAP.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I do not have an option in the dropdown list to select LISTITEM. You suggested: specify parameter input source type as "ListItem.

However, I do NOT have an input source type of ListItem in the dropdownlist available. I only have Session, Input, HttpRequest, RowFromAnotherWebPart and ResultFrom Action.

In my case I chose session, made the IdTraveler field InOut and this worked.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

Would you mind to provide a more detailed description of this issue?

Also, what's the QWP version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The issue I am having is creating an Action on the QSIListView to pop-up a dialog window that calls a K2 smartform. I am able to pop up the window successfully, however the parameters I’m trying to pass on to that dialog are not coming through. I’ve tried using a Session, an Input, and a Rowfromanotherwebpart as options, but nothing gets passes through.

On my QSIListView, I am using a K2 Smartobject to get a list of comments for a specific eler. I’d like to use the lerId that is returned in the list to pass on to the pop-up so that new comments can be added for the same eler.

Michelle

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Michelle

How do you define the action to open a popup window? If you are using client script to open up a SharePoint dialog, which uses an iframe, could you pass the parameter as query string to the iframe src attribute then you can use HttpRequest parameter defined in SI Catalog for parameters.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I am using the Quest part to define an action, GoToURL and specifying it as a Dialog. In the GoToURL, section, I specify the URL to the smartform. I can try to add the parameters as part of this request string in the GoToUrl section, but how do I get the TravelerId? I thought that was what the Add parameter buttons were for???

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Michelle,

Let's try to open the dialog in a New Window and pass them using the source as an HttpRequest. In this way we can see the URL and the parameters.

If this works then we can open it in a dialog and see if it works too.

Then we can extend to session.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This is what my Action looks like. I’m using a GetList to populate the QSIListView filtering it by TravelerID which comes from another webpart. Here is my catalog for the GetList

I need to popup the dialog using the action GoToURL and pass in the TravlerID. I’ve tried using the sTravelComments session and the Input field TravelerID but nothing is working.

Help.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I assume the TravelerID that you want to pass into the dialog is ready on the qSIListView. If that is the case, when you define the GoToUrl action and add query string parameter, you can specify parameter input source type as "ListItem", I believe that is what is called. If it were qSIListForm, the source type would be "Input". Then you specify the source name which corresponds to the column name of the TravelerID and your query string name. This should allow you to open a dialog with the proper URL – you can check it by right click inside the Dialog and view the property for the URL string.

I think there is a trick, you must select the row in qSIListView in order for this to work. And I believe this trick works for Session as well but Input as source type won't work because it is qSIListView.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.