Quest Calendar Webpart displays well in FireFox but it is shrinked all way left in Internet Explorere

Quest Calendar Webpart displays well in FireFox but it is shrinked all way left in Internet Explorere

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello udhakal,

I am reposting the content of the linked page below, as I am not able to reply with an attachment. Please note that this is an old issue which has already been addressed and you should not see it if you are running on the latest 5.7 version.

This issue was originally reported in October, 2010 as an issue in application templates. image_png.png

We have a problem displaying the CalendarView properly using IE8 browser. It seems to work fine in Firefox. It has not been easy to reproduce this issue repeatedly. Customers have reported this in their SP2010 environments on various occasions, and currently the known workaround to this is to set browser setting (Document Mode) to IE8 standard, and not use IE7 or IE8 Compatibility view modes. You can access these settings from the menu when you hit F12 in your IE browser.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi there,

This is a known issue with qCalendarView from a much earlier version (5.6 or earlier) of Quest Web Parts in SharePoint 2010 when the web part is displayed in an IE browser. You can find the details of this issue discussed at https://commons.quest.com/docs/DOC-1930, and try to change the IE browser compatibility mode to something other than your current setting to see the issue resolved.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yuan,

I dont know what link you provided.

I can't view that link. i tried the email and password i created while registering.

it says it does not work…

I need to find a way a workaround this.

This is a very serious issue since we have lots of Quest Calendar users and mostly users use IE…

Please provide a better way to reach that URL…..

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

ff.pngIE.png

Yuan check the images i have sent.

When i add quest web part in a web part page. then while browsing in FF it hides the Title Row and while browsing in IE it displays.

By Default it is hidden since we are using a custom master page….

The tite row should be hidden but when we add the calendar view web part from Quest it automatically adds the title row in IE.

We are struggling on this from a week by now..

Is there anything you can help with please…..

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You can control the height and width of the calendar using "Calendar Width" and "Calendar Height" as shown in the screenshot, relative to the Web Part width and height properties (under Appearance tab), to remove any horizontal or vertical scrollbar that appears around your calendar.

HeightAndWidth.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

That issue i have solved…..

But noe i have a scroll bar in the calendar all the time.

How can i get rid of the scrollbar from the calendar view webpart….

It looks like some inbuilt property…..

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a custom master page in SharePoint 2010 my envioronment. I have quest calendar web part deployed in my farm.

it works well in my Firefox browser but if i browse it from Internet Explorer, then the calendar web part shrinks all way at the left. all calendar box becames very small and a huge amount of blank space in right side of the webpart.

I am trying to find a way to get it in back shape as well in Internet Explorer.

Any Help Please….

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am still having problems with QUEST webparts.

We have a new problem.

Our navigation is a custom created navigation which is not the standard from SP 2010.

When we add another 2 webparts from quest in a page then it destroys our navigation and displays it as a list in IE.  basically we are hiding the default titlerow but it appears in IE when two quest webparts added in a same page.

Please provide us any light….

It works well in FIREFOX but not in IE.

What can be the workaround attached screenshots please…..IE.pngFF.png

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.