Reply Button in preview pane

Reply Button in preview pane

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

First of all .. id like to say thank you for developing this web part .. one of my biggest complaints with the out of box webparts was the discusion board in sharepoint. I have a question regaurding the reply button in the preview pane. Is there any way to hide the button and just make editing possible through the contextual menu? My problem with the edit button is that I have the discussion list set up so that users can read all items but only edit thier own.. a pretty standard setting for something like a discussion board. but when a user is looking at someone elses post the edit button is still visible to them and it allows them to go to the edit page and edit the post… but when they click save they get the message that they dont have the proper permission to edit the post. So the functionality is there.. it really does not let them edit other peoples post but the interface is confusing to end users. who often click edit .. spend time making changes or adding content to someones post then get the permission message. Ideally if the person does not have the rights to be able to edit the post they should not see the edit option. so basically my question is .. is there a way to make the edit button only visible to users who have the permission to edit the post or to hide it completely? thanks … and again great product.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

There is not a way to do this at this point. But your request make a complete sense and we will add that feature in the next release.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.