Rich Text Editor Toolbar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

In QuickApps for SharePoint v6.0, you can format the Rich Text Editor Toolbar using the new property “Rich Text Editor Toolbar Settings” under the “Control Appearance” tab in qListForm’s ezEdit. You can configure different toolbar groups for rich text or enhanced rich text fields in SharePoint.

Thanks for the note about the reference to the tools xml file in our documentation. Somehow we missed this part and I will make a note to have it updated.

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK, so we can't get rid of individual buttons now only certain toolbars?  For example we were going to hide the "Insert Table" button from the Insert toolbar group because we are having issues displaying tables in the qListForm.  We thought it would be nice to hide the button until we have that resolved (I have another discussion open with this issue) but we don't want to remove the whole Insert Toolbar.  Is there a way to do that any more?  I know with the xml files you could.

Thanks for your response and help!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy,

With the new toolbar editor UI introduced, you would only be able to hide/show groups of buttons that are functionality related but not individual buttons in the toolbar. This features was introduced in v5.7 as a more user-friendly way to customize the toolbar since manually editing the tools xml file was error-prone and tedious (need to duplicate the work on multiple WFEs).

Yuan

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We recently upgraded to the QuickApps for SharePoint and now our Rich Text Editor Toolbar isn’t formatted how we had it in the EnhancedRichTextToolsFile in the 14 hive on the previous version of Quest Web Parts for SharePoint.  No big deal, I’ll go fix it again…only I can’t find it there and your documentation in the QuickApps for SharePoint 2010 v6.0 says that’s where it should still be:

There are older versions of files there which I had created and renamed but teh actual EnhancedRichTextToolsFile.xml isn’t there.  How do I change the Rich Text Editor Tool bar that is used in a qListForm now?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\QuestSoftware\EnhancedRichTextToolsFile.xml

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

OK, thank you for the information.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.