Save Library as a Template via QWPs

Save Library as a Template via QWPs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You can build the entire SharePoint site application using Quest Web Parts, SharePoint List/Document Libraries, Master pages, Web Part Pages and other elements and save the site as a template with content included. Make sure that you have minimal features enabled in the original site before you save it as template so that when you upload this template and create a new site based on this template, you encounter less problem associated with feature dependencies. Quest Web Parts took this approach to provide the ready-to-go site template for Help Desk application, Project Management application and etc.

You can also export the configured individual Quest Web Parts and save it on the file system. The configuration you have done to this web part will be saved as well. You can import the saved web part onto a different web part page, different SharePoint site. You can also upload this web part into the site's Web Part gallery and allow Site Designer to reuse this configured Web Part whenever they want to add a new Web Part to the page through the "add a web part" link and dialog.

If your SharePoint staging envrionment is similar to your production system, this entire site template approach will work. The second approach will also work as long as you have the List/Document Library that you used in the configured Web Parts are also available with the same location and name in production system.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

n

n

That is expected. You store the site as a template with some web parts. The web parts are kept in the site, including the configuration. The configuration in the web part is fixed in the site template.

n

n

I think you can use the qManagement web part to do the modification after you restore the site. You can use this web part to search and modify other web parts.

n

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi. I am currently trying to use these web parts in a site template and am running into the issue were when I save it as a template, with or without content, and deploy it into a new site collection the configuration inside the web parts are pointing at the old site rather than the new site.

n

So, for example, originally it was /sites/test1/ and when I create a new site /sites2/test2/ the Edit URL and New URLs and any hyperlinks that we provide for a column still has /sites/test1/

n

Any suggestions how to mitigate/solve this issue?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Community,

Any advice upon the following questions?

Can we save the library with Quest WebParts as a template and create the same application in another site using the template?

Can I move an application developed in Stage to Prod or I have to recreate the Quest Webpart Configuration all over again?

If is not possible what would be the alternative for that?

Thank you!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

Thank you! Is there a way to modify just a part of a URL defined in a web part using that qManagement web part?

n

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.