Search for a missing descendant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

You want to use a qListView that would display the Events that have no Locations right?

What you could try is to create a helper list and have it populated with the orphan items by an external application (C#, PowerShell) that finds those Events with no location . Then use the qListView to display this helper list.

What do you think?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks for the response. 

I'm not sure if I have access within my system to run an external application (I'm assuming these need to be on the server system).  

Based upon your response – I'm assuming there is no way to do this with only quest or standard webparts?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

HI. 

I am trying to create a list where I only show the missing descendants between two lists.  In this situation, List B is dependent on A.  Each item in List A should have many responses contained in List B.   I want to show anly the items in list A that have no entry in List B that corresponds to it.      .

As an example

I want a list of all Events (List A), where Location (List B) does not have an entry as identified by the selection

List A = Event Information

List B = Location Response

Event 1 has entries from Location 1, 2,3,4

Event 2 has entries from Location  2,3

In this case, If I set selection to show Location 1 – I want it to show Event 2 only (and not the information for Location 2,3)

Is this doable?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Unfortunately what you need is not straight forward and you need a little bit of more work to make it happen.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.