Search parameters in qListView

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thank you. It's so straight forward when you know where to look.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

You can do that by using the property Fixed Attribute of the Searched Fields.

Go to ezEdit->Searched Fields->Edit, pick the fields you want to search by, then hit Edit button beside the field you want to set the fixed operator and then you'll see the Fixed Operator property. Pick "Contains" and that will be the only option available to search.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Just how much can I pick your brains regarding the Quest web parts?

To give you some background, the Quest web parts (as I know them) were simply loaded on to our Sharepoint site with no explanation on how or when to use them. Because of that we have not used them on our sites, although through experimentation we can see their potential. A search for decent training material has come up empty! Your forum is probably the most useful site I’ve found regarding solutions to problems.

Can you suggest where I might be able to find some comprehensive CBT?

Also, further to my original query, by using ezEdit to customize the search operators, it seems that if you select a default or fixed operator, you must them also specify a default value. What I am trying to achieve is to allow the user to select either one of three search fields, two of three or three of three, each set at ‘Equals’. If no default value is specified, then the field says ‘-Select One-‘ at the top of the dropdown. However, when you click ‘Go’, the search looks at the values in all three fields. It cannot find any values with ‘-Select one-‘ so the search returns no records.

E.g. Search fields for ‘Country’, ‘Company’ or ’Skill’ with Fixed operator set to ‘Equals’.

If I wanted to search all companies in the USA to find out what skills are available, I would search thus:

If I wanted to search a specific company in the USA to find out what skills are available, I would search thus:

And if I want to search for ‘Project Management’ as a skill in a specific company in the USA, I would search thus:

The first two searches would return no results, as –Select one- does not exist in the Company or Skills column.

Only the third search works because all fields specify a value found in the columns.

How can I search only one or two fields or columns and still get results?

Sorry if the above is a little long winded. Also, if this needs to be posted via the forum, I am happy to move it there.

Best regards

John Arthur

John Arthur

Senior Webmaster

Fujitsu Australia Limited

2 Julius Ave, North Ryde, 2113

Ph: 61 2 9776 4567

Email: John.Arthur@au.fujitsu.com <mailto:John.Arthur@au.fujitsu.com>

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

You're very welcome, we're here to help you as a highly appreciated customer.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I would like to restrict the search parameters in qListView (for Shapreoint 2007) to just ‘Contains’. Apart from using some JavaScript trickery, is there an easier way to achieve this.(My apologies if this is too basic. Please be gentle as I am a newby to the ‘q’ world.)

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

Here is the link where you can find videos, screeshots, docs and computer based training that will help you to learn and develop complex apps and solutions using our product.   http://www.quest.com/quick-apps-for-sharepoint/

When you run the installer on the same screen you use to install the product there is a section called Application Templates where you can find 5 site templates.

These are complete applications that you can use to learn and understand better the capabilities of the product.

Also, the product comes with a great help system that you can use to get more info about each web part, each property and feature of the web parts.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.