Sharepoint 2010 Quest Web part count and sort by totals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Bill,

I'd suggest you to create a calculated field that would get the count for each field value then use this field to do the sorting.

As a 2nd thought, if you do the calculation using a custom process you can create a list column for the count values and populate that column directly and use it to do the sorting.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Do you have something that could guide me through this process. I have tried creating a calcualted column and it wants to return a value for each field; so are you saying that I would have:

(38) Claims (38 times) in the list… and so on for each of the others?

so then when I count or Max that in the chart we could sort on that?

Bill

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

0 down vote favorite 

I have a list of data:

23 Billing Process

12 IVR

10 Rep Knowledge

07 Professionalism

38 Claims Process

17 Agent

09 Coverage

The sample of items above are in my list several times (note the count in front of them). I have a Chart Web Part that Counts the number of times and returns this count to me in a Chart (pie).

While this Pie Chart looks Great the items are not in order. to say they are sorted by the count of how many. Something like this:

38 Claims

23 Billing Process

17 Agent

12 IVR

10 Rep Knowledge

09 Coverage

07 Professionalism

I would love to get these in order. Please help me figuer a way of counting and then sorting by the largest to smallets in this list; to make the pie/bar chart look in line.

Thanks Bill

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Bill,

qChartview web part allows you to sort on list columns only.

To build such a formula take a look here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb862071.aspx

and here

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/29140/using-calculated-field-to-retrieve-substring-of-another-field

The idea is to use the function LEFT, return the most left chars before the space (possibly convert it to a number although is not necessary because of the format (07, 23, 38, etc)) into a column and then use it for sorting.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.